miscellaneous123
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I was wondering how everyone revised for this subject. I know that the multi choices require a lot of knowledge which means just looking at the revision guide and the definition, data + the 12 marker is also quite easy... But the problem is the 25 markers. I'm not sure on how to start the questions. Do people usually make out a brief plan or is there like a specific structure that most people write in... Its not that I'm rubbish at the subject (i got an A a mock paper) but I really want to know how to improve it to a higher A.

p.s. Any strong analysis of a 25 marker question would also be very much appreciated!
eco123
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
ALSo for the 25 marker how long does it have to be
YingYang
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Intro - Definition of whatever the question related to e.g if it's inflation then define it, if it's balance of payments define it. I aim for 2 definitions.
Analysis - I do diagram at this point explain what is happening in the question e.g a rise in interest rates will shift AD (why? what way? what affect will this have on other things like AS?)
Evaluation - Link to Macroeconomic objectives, good/bad points about macroeconomic policies (fiscal, monetary, supply side). I aim for about 3 or 4 clear evaluation points.

+ diagram with reference + data/extract reference

Also it is quality not quantity. I wrote 1/2 a page and got 16/25 in a recent mock, but I didn't write rubbish, i was to the concise and to the point.

Edit: I should also say I only wrote a page because I arrived late for that lesson so barely had time to do the mock. I didn't write half a page on purpose, I was just trying to emphasis my point quality > quantity.
miscellaneous123
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by YingYang)
Intro - Definition of whatever the question related to e.g if it's inflation then define it, if it's balance of payments define it. I aim for 2 definitions.
Analysis - I do diagram at this point explain what is happening in the question e.g a rise in interest rates will shift AD (why? what way? what affect will this have on other things like AS?)
Evaluation - Link to Macroeconomic objectives, good/bad points about macroeconomic policies (fiscal, monetary, supply side). I aim for about 3 or 4 clear evaluation points.

+ diagram with reference + data/extract reference

Also it is quality not quantity. I wrote 1/2 a page and got 16/25 in a recent mock, but I didn't write rubbish, i was to the concise and to the point.

Edit: I should also say I only wrote a page because I arrived late for that lesson so barely had time to do the mock. I didn't write half a page on purpose, I was just trying to emphasis my point quality > quantity.
What about for Micro?
Tateco
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Definitions, always definitions, type in economics 25 mark into the search bar and a couple of the sample answers I have written for other people.

Intro - definitions definitions definitions
Main body - two graphs (approx.) like Ying said lots of analysis is needed here
Conclusion- Evaluate and come to a positive, objective conclusion

Don't put your own opinion in it
Tateco
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Forgot to say about multiple choice. I got 25/25 in january for micro and it really was down to practice. Once you know all the theory just keep practice them and learning the more obscure answers over and over again so when it comes to the exam it should only take 10 minutes to answer all twenty five and leave most of your time for the essay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads