Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are hot women usually the one's who are really stuck up and arrogant...? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Self-esteem is a complex thing.

Some people think they're the bees knees when they're nothing but trash, other people are wonderful and beautiful, yet think they're worthless.

Trying to understand people is a massive folly. We like to see patterns in things but I don't think you can really know how someone feels about themselves.

ReputationRep:
    It seems that way, but it's the ones who get laid all the time that are stuck up and arrogant (which in fairness is usually the hot ones). That's why most chavvy girls are so arrogant, because they are constantly getting laid, albeit with members of their own family, but hey... Sex is sex right?

ReputationRep:
    In my experience. the girls that you are talking about are usually the ones with a mountain of make up on, fake tan, fake nails and fake hair. They think they're something that their not, which i suppose they are as they are all fake lol. Truly hot women don't need all this and are often actually really nice, down to earth people.

Saying that though you get god damn ugly people, men and women, who think they are hot and you get attractive ones that think they are hot too. It doesn't matter if you are fit or not it doesn't give you a right to be arrogant, stuck up or rude.

Also, I think attractiveness goes on personality and attitude a lot. Even if you do not know the person, its just the way they carry themselves and the way they act. I for one am completely turned of by arrogance. If someone has a bad personality it seems to actually change the way I perceive their looks. I actually can not see them as physically attractive after finding out they are arrogant etc.

Also, you say that you will walk around with your top of because you have a better body now. Some of the girls that go out in skimpy outfits may do that for the same reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEnigmaUK)
    Hot women walk around with their nose in the air, on their mobile phone walking through town. They get attention and make out like they aren't bothered, but deep down I bet they're loving the attention, and they know they will get it too.
    Do these type of people make you feel sick? It's not just the women, the men can be as bad too. I'll admit it, I'll walk around with my shirt off when it's hot, only because it's hot, but also because after being overweight all my life, I can finally strip down and reveal a nice body for once, and actually get a decent tan. Also, these are the same women who go to a nightclub dressed in skimpy clothes, but don't dance, instead they just stand there at the bar waiting for guys to give them attention.
    Ok, rant over! lol. What are your views on these people...?

I agree, give a women too much attention it goes to her head.
    Just ignore those types of pigs.

ReputationRep:
    Hot women walk around with their nose in the air, on their mobile phone walking through town. They get attention and make out like they aren't bothered, but deep down I bet they're loving the attention, and they know they will get it too.
    Do these type of people make you feel sick? It's not just the women, the men can be as bad too. I'll admit it, I'll walk around with my shirt off when it's hot, only because it's hot, but also because after being overweight all my life, I can finally strip down and reveal a nice body for once, and actually get a decent tan. Also, these are the same women who go to a nightclub dressed in skimpy clothes, but don't dance, instead they just stand there at the bar waiting for guys to give them attention.
    not at all, i hate girls who think they're the bloody queen and either always have something to say or demand that people do things for them!

ReputationRep:
    One thing that you do notice with arrogrant or egotiscal women are that they are very critical of others and often rude. It's important to remember that as an individual, you know your own weaknesses and strengths, it's not up to them to point them out for you.

Like a few other people have said, the definition of a hot woman could mean various things to other people. It could mean their attractiveness, looks etc, but for me it's an independant woman who is self motivated and knows what she wants to achieve in life. Honestly judging by the different posts within TSR, that probably includes all the women in this present. If no one was interested in furthering their education or getting help, then there wouldn't be a TSR.

Are attractive women usually stuck and arrogant? Yes most likely, but maybe as Scarlet has said that some are actually down to earth and decent. What most men lack is confidence and from what I've been told, women love a man with some sort of confidence. So it depends on your definition of a hot woman and if you really think it's worth giving your attention to the stuck up and arrogrant people.
    Also, you can get stuck up and arrogant men too so it's not only women

ReputationRep:
    Yep, but I don't think they have to be mega-attractive to be arrogant. I have friends who are damn gorgeous but they don't think the world should worship and lavish attention on them.

But yeah, there are plenty of girls dolled up just to go to Tesco and hoping the world will worship them in the aisles. It's probably an insecurity thing - putting on a front like they don't care but craving the attention (as you said).

And I don't dislike the girls who stand around the bar waiting for some bloke to drool over them - I just think they're ****ing boring. I mean, why pay £10 to get in when all you're going to do is stand around? I don't get it...

Meh, people will be people I guess. I just wish the arrogant girls and guys would just pair up with each other lol

ReputationRep:
    I think looks help with arrogance, it doesn't automatically make someone arrogant though. Being a hot girl is probably one of the best situations to be socially, studies have shown that attractive women are treated better, guys compete for their attention and treat them differently, so it's only natural that some will develop a superiority complex, but from what I've seen it's not usually the hottest women who are like this. The sort of people you've described tend to be average looking, but cake themselves in make-up, wear provocative clothing, and take photoshopped pictures of themselves (maximum possible cleavage on show of course), and I think this comes about from the naturally arrogant or stuck up personalities they have anyway.

I know some incredibly pretty girls who are extremely modest, and likewise I know some real horrible fake girls who walk around thinking they're God's gift to humankind because they bleach their hair, fake tan, and have their tits practically hanging out. People are different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Im going to drop the M bomb here, its not meant as a brag its just mean to illustrate a point.

Having modelled (M bomb dropped) I can honestly say I have met some stunning stunning girls on jobs and they have be really grounded and down to earth. Sophie Anderton is totally hot and such a lovely person in real life.

Then Ive met girls at uni/school/clubs, who by comparison....they aren't unattractive ok, but they dont come close to these other girls and yet they have such a bad attitude.

I dont understand why these people love themselves so much, dont get me wrong when I put the effort in I can scrub up ok, and on the rare occasion well (:ninja: :p:) but sometimes I look in the mirror and thing what the **** is that.

Where to people get the confidence? :eek:
    I agree. I know a lot of beautiful girls (models and non-models) and they are the sweetest. I have been lucky in terms of looks myself but I am just as insecure about how I look (if not more) than most girls. The way you feel about yourself is not necessarily proportional with the way you look. There will always be rude people. I don't know what the OP is exactly referring to, "walking and talking on your phone", as if people should walk and smile to everyone they see? It sounds as if he finds a girl attractive and is angry because she seems unavailable. I know some people are rude, but you usually don't know that until you've spoken to them. I'd never refer to a girl as a stuck up ***** just from seeing her walking down the street. And yes, some people go to clubs but are shy in terms of dancing or go to meet the opposite sex (like about 100% of guys).

ReputationRep:
    I avoid girls like that. In my experience these sorts of girls usually haven't got much going for themselves except for their looks. Arm candy.

Always look for girls that like you. Don't be competing for someone's love and all that. Why the hell would you even bother with stuck up and arrogant girls anyway?? Move on and don't give them any attention.

Maybe if guys stop feeding them compliments, stopped fighting for their attention and seen them for who they are inside maybe they'd be shoved back down to earth.

Pretty girls are the loneliest. Give me a sweet, honest and fun girl that looks like a troll over a stuck up, arrogant girl who looks attractive anyday. STR8 up.

Pretty girls aren't pretty all their lives. Looks slowly rot with age and when guys stop giving them attention the truth hits home.

ReputationRep:
    I find girls who are shy automatically get labelled as 'stuck-up' as well. Especially if people drop the 'posh' label on them. I'm always getting called posh because I have a very english accent, but I'm definitely not 'rah'!! Same accent as Emma Watson, english but I wouldn't call it posh. Being stunningly good looking on top of shyness would probably cause ten times more 'stuck up' labels, can't imagine how annoying that would be.

ReputationRep:
    I might be going to Essex. Oh crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna_waits_for_you)
    I find girls who are shy automatically get labelled as 'stuck-up' as well. Especially if people drop the 'posh' label on them. I'm always getting called posh because I have a very english accent, but I'm definitely not 'rah'!! Same accent as Emma Watson, english but I wouldn't call it posh. Being stunningly good looking on top of shyness would probably cause ten times more 'stuck up' labels, can't imagine how annoying that would be.
    I'd definitely call it posh. What kind of a world do you live in?

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand why these people love themselves so much, dont get me wrong when I put the effort in I can scrub up ok, and on the rare occasion well (:ninja: :p:) but sometimes I look in the mirror and thing what the **** is that.

Because they are very insecure and the only way the can make themselves feel good is by deriding others.

Most people who are up there, don't need to step on others, it's those who are down there who feel the only way up is by stepping on others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna_waits_for_you)
    Agree with this. People might think a person doesn't want to talk to someone based on looks but really they're just too shy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not stuck up or arrogant...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    No, in my opinion hot women are not arrogant/stuck up to me - it's the girls that think they're too good for you that are stuck up - and they're usually not 8's, 9's or 10's.
    This. This. And this. You sir = correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemstar!)
    but you're not hot either :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemstar!)
    Thread is aimed at girls without boyfriends. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Seems my post suggests two things - whoever gets them right, gets rep :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Im going to drop the M bomb here, its not meant as a brag its just mean to illustrate a point.

Having modelled (M bomb dropped) I can honestly say I have met some stunning stunning girls on jobs and they have be really grounded and down to earth. Sophie Anderton is totally hot and such a lovely person in real life.

Then Ive met girls at uni/school/clubs, who by comparison....they aren't unattractive ok, but they dont come close to these other girls and yet they have such a bad attitude.

It's not confidence. It's insecurity. People who have poor attitude with regards to other people, have "fake" confidence .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.