Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    sorry if has been answered before i am struggling to find out ay information...

I am starting an NHS course which is classed as an other course meaning i get a non menas tested bursary of like £2800. ( so not the nursing/midwifery one)

can this be means tested or not cos £2800 is not gonna cover alot?

can i get a maintenance loan and the maintenance grant from slc or just the reduced loan only?

could anyone give me a rough idea of who much ill get?

anyone who is on this route (ie not nurseing or midwifery cos thats different funding all together) give me an idea of what to expect?

I gotta last a year on this money which doesnt seem like alot at all... as with placements being so often im not gonna be able to get contracted hours on days of which adds too the anoyment and on top of that ie got a house to run, getting married this year which at uni and i dont wannna put extra pressure on my wife to be if its not necessary...

cheers in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lankeyphil)
    sorry if has been answered before i am struggling to find out ay information...

I am starting an NHS course which is classed as an other course meaning i get a non menas tested bursary of like £2800. ( so not the nursing/midwifery one)

can this be means tested or not cos £2800 is not gonna cover alot?

can i get a maintenance loan and the maintenance grant from slc or just the reduced loan only?

could anyone give me a rough idea of who much ill get?

anyone who is on this route (ie not nurseing or midwifery cos thats different funding all together) give me an idea of what to expect?

I gotta last a year on this money which doesnt seem like alot at all... as with placements being so often im not gonna be able to get contracted hours on days of which adds too the anoyment and on top of that ie got a house to run, getting married this year which at uni and i dont wannna put extra pressure on my wife to be if its not necessary...

cheers in advance
    What course are you doing exactly?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.