Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    I didn't mean to offend you :cry2:
    Didnt mean to make you cry I'm not offended, kinda realise what i said was a bit stupid, how can you be independent and be under the state haha, anywho my aim was jsut to say it was a private rather than normal grammar :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by teshnit)

If this was aimed at me, I dont think it did either, just another guy asked what school i went too...
    He was aiming it at me I'm just trying to get an idea of why I got rejected, that's all

ReputationRep:
    Maybe slip it in with a new choice words to describe it :P You just need to spin it into something very selective and glorious haha maybe group it with other insight days like RBS/JPM etc to give it bit more substance.
    I'll use it until I get something better to put down in terms of banking stuff, currently my CV has zero banking relevance if you get what im saying..
    Fair enough, the JP Morgan one seems to be quite well known so if we get into that, could just slip it in next to it.
    But I don't think banks expect you to have a great deal of banking expierence pre-university, so it should be fine...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by crazy1234)
    Fair enough, the JP Morgan one seems to be quite well known so if we get into that, could just slip it in next to it.
    But I don't think banks expect you to have a great deal of banking expierence pre-university, so it should be fine...
    Agreed, I think the point where experience becomes necessary is for Summer internships (spring weeks etc.), then even more so for graduate schemes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    He was aiming it at me I'm just trying to get an idea of why I got rejected, that's all
    If your academics are there it may just have been because of what you wrote in your cover letter, as opposed to anything else

ReputationRep:
    True, plus it might give you a little edge for pre-intern weeks in 1st/2nd year before summer internship. Especially because im not going to be going to a target uni, I'm aiming to build up pre-uni banking experience, get onto pre-intern week at some point, which should give me an edge or at least bring me on par with target uni applicants for summer internship during uni. I know already I have a longer route to go than target unis, so why not get started now :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If your academics are there it may just have been because of what you wrote in your cover letter, as opposed to anything else
    Perhaps. I thought it was fairly reasonable but life goes on! It's the unfortunate extreme competitiveness of these courses that sometimes means more-than-good enough applicants can easily be rejected (I'm not saying I'm one of these, but you get the point)

ReputationRep:
    True, plus it might give you a little edge for pre-intern weeks in 1st/2nd year before summer internship. Especially because im not going to be going to a target uni, I'm aiming to build up pre-uni banking experience, get onto pre-intern week at some point, which should give me an edge or at least bring me on par with target uni applicants for summer internship during uni. I know already I have a longer route to go than target unis, so why not get started now :P
    Fair enough, I have an feeling I may end up going down the same route as you. But I think as long as you are still going to an top 10/15 university, you still stnad an good chance.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps. I thought it was fairly reasonable but life goes on! It's the unfortunate extreme competitiveness of these courses that sometimes means more-than-good enough applicants can easily be rejected (I'm not saying I'm one of these, but you get the point)
    It's true though, banks can generally have their pick of top applicants, but I do think it reaches an point where two candidates are so similiar it may essentially be an lottery.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone not heard back from them too? Because I have yet to hear back from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entaylor)
    Has anyone not heard back from them too? Because I have yet to hear back from them
    I haven't heard back either. Are you guys talking about the three day work experiance programme or the open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    I haven't heard back either. Are you guys talking about the three day work experiance programme or the open day?
    This is the MS insight day, JPM is the 2 day programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Competencies)
    This is the MS insight day, JPM is the 2 day programme.
    I applied for a three day work experiance programme at MS not an insight day.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a three day work experiance programme at MS not an insight day.
    Well this isn't a discussion about that, was that the female programme?

Please don't tell me guys could apply to that programme as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Competencies)
    Well this isn't a discussion about that, was that the female programme?

Please don't tell me guys could apply to that programme as well...
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

I sent a CV and CL to the email address, I didn't specify any particular programme. I got a reply saying that my application for the Morgan Stanley Work Experience programme is being reviewed.

sidebar: when will people realise that I couldn't care less about rep?

ReputationRep:

I sent a CV and CL to the email address, I didn't specify any particular programme. I got a reply saying that my application for the Morgan Stanley Work Experience programme is being reviewed.

The email address was the same for both so it sounds like you applied to the female programme. Not sure what will happen to be honest, I think I remember someone on here saying that they had been on a programme that was aimed at females but there were a few guys so maybe you could be ok.

ReputationRep:
    The 3 day MS programme was female only :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

They're not exactly going to look highly upon an applicant not even reading the requirements for each programme, with gender being the discriminating factor, I think your chances of success are pretty minimal.

ReputationRep:
    They're not exactly going to look highly upon an applicant not even reading the requirements for each programme, with gender being the discriminating factor, I think your chances of success are pretty minimal.
    Maybe they'll be impressed by the fact that he just don't give a flying ****!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by therealOG)
    Maybe they'll be impressed by the fact that he just don't give a flying ****!!
    The might not even realise he's female if he's lucky, you're not supposed to put gender on your CV for equality reasons, they just might get a bit of a shock when he turns up on the day :eek:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.