Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the waitlist

ReputationRep:
    Got this email:

Thank you for your interest in the J.P. Morgan Schools Programme. The Programme is currently fully booked, however, you are on a waitlist and should a place become available, we will contact you.

Kind Regards,

J.P. Morgan Graduate Recruitment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel3)
    I'm on the waitlist
    same:

Thank you for your interest in the J.P. Morgan Schools Programme. The Programme is currently fully booked, however, you are on a waitlist and should a place become available, we will contact you.

Kind Regards,

That was the email I got. Really not holding out much hope, considering the fact that they didn't even put "dear ___" or anything, I'm thinking this is a mass email that everyone who doesn't win a place will receive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ross_D93)
    same:

Kind Regards,

That was the email I got. Really not holding out much hope, considering the fact that they didn't even put "dear ___" or anything, I'm thinking this is a mass email that everyone who doesn't win a place will receive.
    I don't think it's a mass email that everyone will get but it does mean the chances of getting a place will be very slim. Can't imagine too many who were accepted will turn it down for whatever reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Competencies)
    I don't think it's a mass email that everyone will get but it does mean the chances of getting a place will be very slim. Can't imagine too many who were accepted will turn it down for whatever reason.
    Hi mate, did you get the waitlist email too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityTrader)
    Hi mate, did you get the waitlist email too?
    No aha, that's why I don't think it's a mass email.

When I went back and read the cover letter I sent to MS/JPM, it sucked big time. Which date did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    No aha, that's why I don't think it's a mass email.

When I went back and read the cover letter I sent to MS/JPM, it sucked big time. Which date did you apply for?
    Ah ok, I applied for the 10/11th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel3)
    I'm on the waitlist
    Got this email:

Kind Regards,

same:

Kind Regards,

Ditto! Got it just after 12 today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel3)
    X
    X
    (Original post by viksta1000)
    X
    What dates did you guys apply for?

ReputationRep:
    What dates did you guys apply for?
    I got the same "waiting list" email, and applied for the second set of dates (18th August). I think this is just a paraphrased rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)
    I got the same "waiting list" email, and applied for the second set of dates (18th August). I think this is just a paraphrased rejection.
    But then everyone would've got it, if it was a paraphrased rejection. You're the first person I've seen get a response for the 18th, acceptances must be out for then as well now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I received the same e-mail, applied for 10-11th.

@Competencies maybe they haven't gotten around to send you the e-mail yet? I got mine about 3ish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yangydoodles)
    Yeah, I received the same e-mail, applied for 10-11th.

@Competencies maybe they haven't gotten around to send you the e-mail yet? I got mine about 3ish.
    Yeah maybe, just assumed they would've gone out in one big batch at the same time.

Maybe it is just a paraphrased rejection then.

ReputationRep:
    they didnt even bother to tell me lol - my application must have been ****e !:P

Oh well - maybe socgen will take me

ReputationRep:
    joining the side of the bankers... you people disgust me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barz)
    joining the side of the bankers... you people disgust me!!
    F*** of then Pal.

ReputationRep:
    Got the same email that im on the waiting list and i applied for the 10th/11th, but i doubt people will turn down a programme with JP

ReputationRep:
    Pff F*** of then Pal.
    well said

and apparantly from what someone told me - 'spoken like a real trader' lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misterb123)
    well said

and apparantly from what someone told me - 'spoken like a real trader' lol
    hahh, Oh! and what was the Socgen thing you spoke about? is it work exp? or another insight day event.

ReputationRep:
    hahh, Oh! and what was the Socgen thing you spoke about? is it work exp? or another insight day event.
    more of a shadowing day on trading floor

but its not certain yet so we'll see what happens

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.