Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misterb123)
    more of a shadowing day on trading floor

but its not certain yet so we'll see what happens
    Oh rite, nice one.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I applied for the 18th one too, and I haven't got a response yet.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your interest in the J.P. Morgan Schools Programme. The Programme is currently fully booked, however, you are on a waitlist and should a place become available, we will contact you.

Kind Regards,

J.P. Morgan Graduate Recruitment

Looks like im on the waiting list :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anil10100)
    Hmm I applied for the 18th one too, and I haven't got a response yet.
    Considering your academics, I'm wondering if that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Competencies)
    Considering your academics, I'm wondering if that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    I doubt academics count for much with this thing. Decent work experience and interesting extra-curricular stuff combined with a killer cover letter probably got most people a place.

I'm on the waiting list. Is that just a glorified way of saying that we have no chance of getting in lol? Quite a few people are on this "waiting list" by the looks of it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    I doubt academics count for much with this thing. Decent work experience and interesting extra-curricular stuff combined with a killer cover letter probably got most people a place.

I'm on the waiting list. Is that just a glorified way of saying that we have no chance of getting in lol? Quite a few people are on this "waiting list" by the looks of it...
    True, just trying to make myself feel better .

And considering the number of people on the waiting list it does seem to pretty much be a glorified rejection as you would imagine very few people are going to decline an offer for the programme.

ReputationRep:
    I got waitlisted too urgh what a pain
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Has anyone heard anything about the 17/18th yet regardless of whether it is waiting list or rejection? Everyone who's heard so far seems to be 10/11th....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Has anyone heard anything about the 17/18th yet regardless of whether it is waiting list or rejection? Everyone who's heard so far seems to be 10/11th....
    Some that have heard applied for the 17/18th.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Some that have heard applied for the 17/18th.
    Who? I thought no one on here had offers for that date yet. Surely someone must get in. I haven't heard yet, and taking 'no news is good news' with all these waiting list things coming out Not hopeful of getting in. I'd like a response from J P Morgan, whatever the out come.

ReputationRep:
    Same about the waiting list.
    Does anybody know of any other similar events/insight days at IBs that are still open for applications?
    Ive only heard about Deloitte/Pwc insight days but they arent completely related.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Who? I thought no one on here had offers for that date yet. Surely someone must get in. I haven't heard yet, and taking 'no news is good news' with all these waiting list things coming out Not hopeful of getting in. I'd like a response from J P Morgan, whatever the out come.
    Go back the last couple of pages, a couple said they were put on the waiting list and they had applied for the 17/18th. I haven't seen anyone with an offer for those dates though so fingers cross that means us .
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by woods.vanessa)
    Same about the waiting list.
    What date?

Go back the last couple of pages, a couple said they were put on the waiting list and they had applied for the 17/18th. I haven't seen anyone with an offer for those dates though so fingers cross that means us .
    Hopefully

ReputationRep:
    What date?
    10/11 or is it 11/12 ! One of those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ross_D93)
    same:

Thank you for your interest in the J.P. Morgan Schools Programme. The Programme is currently fully booked, however, you are on a waitlist and should a place become available, we will contact you.

Kind Regards,

That was the email I got. Really not holding out much hope, considering the fact that they didn't even put "dear ___" or anything, I'm thinking this is a mass email that everyone who doesn't win a place will receive.
    same!

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the waiting list, I applied for 17/18th

ReputationRep:
    Wait, so was there anyone who got an out - right rejection email? or did Everyone get the waiting email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ross_D93)

Kind Regards,

That was the email I got. Really not holding out much hope, considering the fact that they didn't even put "dear ___" or anything, I'm thinking this is a mass email that everyone who doesn't win a place will receive.
    me too

ReputationRep:
    I'm in. 17/18th August :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid16)
    I'm in. 17/18th August :yep:
    Congrats, you seem to be the first for 17/18th, still waiting for a response personally...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.