Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Will it help with future applications to JPM? Yeah i think getting traders/investment bankers contacts will really help!

ReputationRep:
    to be honest for any prospective bankers or traders, not getting into these pre university programmes wont make it impossible, just no contacts that most people probably wouldnt use anyway...

If you really want in, then you will find a way into the bank eventually...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woods.vanessa)
    Is it worth going to a PwC insight day if you're interested in IB?
    Not really. For consultancy though, if they cover it in the insight day.

(Original post by Tateco)
    You mean the insight day? I went to that recently, was pretty good.
    What did the insight day comprise of? I thought it was just an insight day about the bright start programme - isn't that a gap year scheme or something?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by therealOG)
    What did the insight day comprise of? I thought it was just an insight day about the bright start programme - isn't that a gap year scheme or something?
    The insight day was about the bright start scheme and also the gap year scheme, yes. Don't bother going if you're not interested in that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    The insight day was about the bright start scheme and also the gap year scheme, yes. Don't bother going if you're not interested in that
    Thanks for the heads up. I won't bother then
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thanks for the heads up. I won't bother then
    I thought it was going to be a more general Deloitte day as well, but it definitely wasn't. Luckily I'm applying for the scheme (gap year) so it was worth it for me

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in here going to the royal bank of Scotland a level insight day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mousebudden)
    Anyone in here going to the royal bank of Scotland a level insight day?
    Yup me. What date are you doing? It's really great how they pay for everything, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    whats the point of going to an insight day? I don't understand how its helpful to attend Someone explain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelic03)
    whats the point of going to an insight day? I don't understand how its helpful to attend Someone explain!
    Gives you an insight, innit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelic03)
    No matter what anyone says if the day is well organised, it can be a great help. It gives some sort of experience and shows your interest in the career of investment banking for your CV. It would distinguish you from other people who are also applying for Easter internships next year if they have nothing to show their interest in ib. Also you get networking opportunities and it definitely would be helpful for applying for that bank again.. It's definitely helpful I think but not the end of the world if you didn't get it either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruadhan)
    No matter what anyone says if the day is well organised, it can be a great help. It gives some sort of experience and shows your interest in the career of investment banking for your CV. It would distinguish you from other people who are also applying for Easter internships next year if they have nothing to show their interest in ib. Also you get networking opportunities and it definitely would be helpful for applying for that bank again.. It's definitely helpful I think but not the end of the world if you didn't get it either
    I wouldn't put an insight day on a CV, but I would mention it in a cover letter if I was applying to the firm which held the insight day, or mention it in their interview.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't put an insight day on a CV, but I would mention it in a cover letter if I was applying to the firm which held the insight day, or mention it in their interview.
    I still disagree with you. If you have no other ib experience, it shows your interest and shows you have some insight into the industry already. If you otherwise can't show this in your CV, I think it's definitely useful to put it in for application to any bank. Your CV should always be geared towards the job/internship or career you're applying to. If it doesn't show an informed interest the industry then you're not getting the job, simple as. So yes it is a very useful item for the CV
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ruadhan)
    I still disagree with you. If you have no other ib experience, it shows your interest and shows you have some insight into the industry already. If you otherwise can't show this in your CV, I think it's definitely useful to put it in for application to any bank. Your CV should always be geared towards the job/internship or career you're applying to. If it doesn't show an informed interest the industry then you're not getting the job, simple as. So yes it is a very useful item for the CV
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Agreed.
    Doughnuts, are you going to the Deloitte event thi monday in the City?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by CityTrader)
    Doughnuts, are you going to the Deloitte event thi monday in the City?
    Nope, I'm currently on an internship.

ReputationRep:
    May I ask what ssector you are doing the internship on? All I managed this summer was a placement at a pensions/debt management\ mortgages office in my local area. Thankfully it is paid.

On another note, anyone going to the McKinsey Leadership Programme on Thursday and friday? What are we actually going to do in the two day? I'm looking forward to it, but don't know what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    I assume we shouldn't expect a reply to the email we had to send to confirm attendance on the J.P. Morgan schools programme?

ReputationRep:
    where are you doing it, PM me if you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History3)
    I assume we shouldn't expect a reply to the email we had to send to confirm attendance on the J.P. Morgan schools programme?
    We had to confirm attendance?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.