The Student Room Group

JP morgan Schools Programme 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kbountra
I've just googled it and would agree that the ICMA centre is pretty impressive. I haven't seen any university with that kind of a facility which is a big plus point. Also a £2000 incentive to get AAA sounds good to me so get those grades!

I know, its why i choose to go for this degree :smile: I had offers to do like money, banking, finance from Birmingham, and the uni probs way more highly looked at, but course-wise i love the idea of F&IB looked great when i went to the post offer day :smile: They had a 30min trade simulation game for all the applicants with offers on the day, was very engaging :smile:
Original post by white_dragon337
I know it might not be worth it
but thats the only thing that has slight use for my personal statement..

WHAT? Seriously, you live in HK. There are countless multinational companies and offices based there. Just go to them and ask to have some work experience or for a job placement. It will be way more useful.
Doesnt the programme on the 17th (which is the only one I can attend ) clash with Results day on the 18th??
So guys, are you applying for the one on the 11th-12th or the other one?
Original post by Victor-PP
So guys, are you applying for the one on the 11th-12th or the other one?

can you apply for both?
Original post by Victor-PP
WHAT? Seriously, you live in HK. There are countless multinational companies and offices based there. Just go to them and ask to have some work experience or for a job placement. It will be way more useful.

I would if i could, but hk is quite strict for students' work experience wise..
i actually study in the uk but go back to hk for the holiday
Original post by white_dragon337
can you apply for both?

I dont think so. They clearly said you can apply for just one.
white_dragon337
can you apply for both?

Why would you even want to?
i've applied for the one that clashes with results day haha (17th-18th), then again i get my results by email so wtevs :biggrin:
Why would they clash it with results day?!?! :frown:
I can't make the 11/12th one!
Reply 50
Does anybody know when we are gonna hear back from them?
Original post by mel3
Does anybody know when we are gonna hear back from them?

Not for a long time mate.

Applied before, did not hear for 'years' (ages).
Original post by iInvestmentBanker
Not for a long time mate.

Applied before, did not hear for 'years' (ages).

when you uploaded you cv (and included the small paragraph, which they asked for, in it), did you ALSO write the 300 word thing?
Reply 53
Original post by natashabedford
when you uploaded you cv (and included the small paragraph, which they asked for, in it), did you ALSO write the 300 word thing?

I put the paragraph in the text box instead cause it would be stupid to give them the same thing twice.
Original post by mel3
I put the paragraph in the text box instead cause it would be stupid to give them the same thing twice.

Same :wink:.
Original post by mel3

Original post by iInvestmentBanker
Same :wink:.

But my CV paragraphs wasn't nearly 300 words :s-smilie:

any ideas?
Reply 56
Original post by natashabedford
But my CV paragraphs wasn't nearly 300 words :s-smilie:

any ideas?

Frankly, I don't think that they will pay a lot of attention to it. They'll browse through them and decide on the basis of grades and maybe they'll also look at which university you are going to study at.
Original post by mel3
Frankly, I don't think that they will pay a lot of attention to it. They'll browse through them and decide on the basis of grades and maybe they'll also look at which university you are going to study at.

Have you mentioned in your CV where have you got the offer from? :wink: I was wondering to add that to but not sure cos we haven't actually got the grades for them yet??
Original post by mel3

Work Experience, EC's?
Reply 59
I dont think it will be all about grades, once your hitting around the All A's region dont think it should make much difference. Sent off my cover letter and cv yesterday, anyone do it last year and know when you find out?

Btw no one exaggerate your results, because apparently they ask for proofs, im sure i read that somewhere on the site.

Quick Reply

Latest