Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Purple shampoo turning my hair grey :S watch

Announcements

I have quite light blonde hair naturally, but I recently dyed it brown then went back to blonde so my friend told me to use purple shampoo to make it more lighter. It was working for a while but now it is turning my hair a greyish colour at the roots WTF.

Yes, this is anon because i'm embarrassed

ReputationRep:
    Are you having sex with the shampoo?

Wrong section.

ReputationRep:
    It hasn't occured to you to STOP using the shampoo? :K:

ReputationRep:
    Purple shampoo isn't created to bleach hair, it is created to remove yellow shades from already blond hair. Meaning if you are naturally brunette and have home-bleached it (worst you can do), it might go a bit orange and purple shampoo can help. OR if your blond hair has gone yellowish from the sun. Purple shampoo removes yellow shades and makes it more 'ash'. It's supposed turn it more towards "grey" but obviously you can't use it every time you wash or leave it in too long.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think discoloured hair is embarrassing enough to go anon...

I thought purple shampoo was mean to turn your hair grey?

ReputationRep:
    erm....stop using it???

jus' saying

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.