Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got offers from both but can't decide which one I should put down. I've already got a firm choice so I can only put one down and I really can't decide!!!

ReputationRep:
    What's your firm, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    I think Bristol and Leeds would be quite different places to live, given that one is quite stereotypically Northern! If you're not fussed about differences in the course (varying degrees of intergration) then pick the city you'd prefer to live in. If it makes any difference, apparently you can fit a Mini in the lifts at Leeds medical school.

ReputationRep:
    I have exactly the same problem for dentistry arrrrhhhh
    Help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtalbot4)
    I have exactly the same problem for dentistry arrrrhhhh
    Help!
    me too:sss apparently leeds is a better dental school but i cant make my mind up!!

ReputationRep:
    I personally would choose Bristol - Leeds seem to be changing their curriculum a fair bit so have no idea how that will pan out...

ReputationRep:
    Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is probs the better city and it doesnt really matter which medical school you go to so I'd choose Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    come to leeds, we speak proper!

ReputationRep:
    Bristol is higher up the rating than leeds but that makes no difference as you're doing medicine so yeah rating don't matter. As for the course structure, If they're the same then base it on the city and if not then keep checking other things such as nightlife and so on.
    I had to choose for dentistry
    GO TO LEEDS....not biased....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexms123)
    I've got offers from both but can't decide which one I should put down. I've already got a firm choice so I can only put one down and I really can't decide!!!
    If it helps, Leeds guarantees accommodation for people who get in on insurance. Bristol does not. This is something you should bear in mind if you're putting it as your back-up, especially if they gave you the same offer.

As much as I hate to discourage someone from putting down Bristol (I firmed :P) I would say if you really can't decide that factor would swing it for me at Leeds. But if you really prefer Bristol then put that down and take your chances if you have to go there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.