Turn on thread page Beta

I want to marry a South African(preferably a white South African) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    The ones i have met have been very racist. Of course it would be stupid to say EVERYONE EVER FROM AFRICA IS RACIST but i have yet to be proven wrong so i guess thats all im left with. In every conversation ive had with them has started with 'oh so whats South Africa like?' and the reply is always something along the lines of 'fine except for those nigge.. i mean blackies' lol

Just a note this is referring to people who were born and grew up in South Africa not born there and then moved somewhere else as some people like to say;

'oh im Irish'
    'well you dont sound Irish'
    'oh i was born there then i moved here when i was 2'
    'your not really Irish then... you were just born there'

Quite blunt, but still!
    This is highly offensive.

ReputationRep:
    Hrm.. Accent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aterax)
    This is highly offensive.
    Cry me a river sally, ill take it back when i meet a white South African who doesn't say something derogatory about black people within the first 5 minutes of a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Cry me a river sally, ill take it back when i meet a white South African who doesn't say something derogatory about black people within the first 5 minutes of a conversation.
    Me? And basically everyone I associate with? Or my parents, or my parents' friends?

PS: You're a small-minded ****.

ReputationRep:
    Even if they do, rightly so. The country has gone to the dogs under black rule, the rate of crime, aids , corruption is going through the roof, whites aren't getting jobs due to 'reverse apartheid'.

ReputationRep:
    Me? And basically everyone I associate with? Or my parents, or my parents' friends?

Lekker bru

ReputationRep:

Your some floaty words on a screen and its quite easy to say anything on the internet, hence i am comfortable discussing the 'if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty' philosophy regarding race because most people in real life will assume your going to go on a support the BNP join the EDL rant.

I was talking, like the thread trend is, about myself and specifically my own stereotypes, or evidence based generalisations which just so happen to be that out of the 20/30 odd white South Africans (who were born there and grew up there to a mature age) i have met over here, all of them have said derogatory comments about or hinted at a dislike towards black people. Seeing as i dont live there, i have never been there and i dont know the political/social issues coming out with a blanketing statement such as 'ALL SOUTH AFRICANS ARE RACISTS' would be the conclusion of a moron, which i am not.

If thats how you read it then fair enough, i just enjoy people testing, supporting or breaking stereotypes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalaghoda)
    Even if they do, rightly so. The country has gone to the dogs under black rule, the rate of crime, aids , corruption is going through the roof, whites aren't getting jobs due to 'reverse apartheid'.
    Seeing as most people who are racist have a reason to think like that or have a twisted logic that is still understandable even if its wrong, i replied saying im in no position to talk about the social and political issues over there although from my limited knowledge i know it is quite bad in certain places.

Still, im just investigating/thinking about a trend ive noticed, whether this is seen as racist or not i dont know nor care too much as i know im not a racist.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as most people who are racist have a reason to think like that or have a twisted logic that is still understandable even if its wrong, i replied saying im in no position to talk about the social and political issues over there although from my limited knowledge i know it is quite bad in certain places.

Still, im just investigating/thinking about a trend ive noticed, whether this is seen as racist or not i dont know nor care too much as i know im not a racist.
    South Africa is a very ****ed up country. They're going to take very long to wipe out the scars and wounds of apartheid.

ReputationRep:
    As a white South African girl myself, I didn't know we were in such high demand... eh :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mel2606)
    As a white South African girl myself, I didn't know we were in such high demand... eh :rolleyes:
    Hello

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.