Application to Salford Uni Watch

This discussion is closed.
TS2Master
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I applied for a course at Salford and it is the only one of my applications that has not replied yet. Has anyone else who applied to Salford found they gave a quick response or are you still waitng. I really want to know wheter they have given me an offer.
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have three friends who applied to Salford just before the deadline and already have offers (or three in some cases!) one was for History and Politics, one was for some kind of science and one for business.

My friend who applied for Politics and my sister who applied for some kind of multimedia thing have had confirmation postcards, but no replies as of yet.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TS2Master)
I applied for a course at Salford and it is the only one of my applications that has not replied yet. Has anyone else who applied to Salford found they gave a quick response or are you still waitng. I really want to know wheter they have given me an offer.
Don't worry I had to wait ages for Salford too reply too. In fact I had all my 5 offers other than the one I wanted to do at Salford. Which course it if you have applied to by the way?

Have you checked your UCAS online tracker? Also you may be able to contact the course tutor direct and ask how long they thing it will be before a decision is made.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Frances)
I have three friends who applied to Salford just before the deadline and already have offers (or three in some cases!) one was for History and Politics, one was for some kind of science and one for business.

My friend who applied for Politics and my sister who applied for some kind of multimedia thing have had confirmation postcards, but no replies as of yet.
Do you know if that is Multimedia and Internet Technology? If so that is the course I am doing.
LongGone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Do you know if that is Multimedia and Internet Technology? If so that is the course I am doing.
I don't know exactly what she applied for. She applied for two course there, but she can't remember the names of them. :rolleyes:

I know that one was game design related and the other was something else media related, maybe animation?
TS2Master
Its Computer Games Design that I've applied for.
LongGone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its Computer Games Design that I've applied for.
That might be the same one as my sister... possibly.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The computer games design course is very popular as it there is a lot of physics involved. If you have a good science background and are interested in computer games then you have a good chance of getting in otherwise you have no chance. I know two people who have been rejected from that course but then there were not exactly great candidates at any standard.

Good luck with the applications anyway. I applied to the school of Science, Computing and Engineering the games design course is run by the arts school so it will be different people dealing with the admissions.
TS2Master
Well I am doing Maths, Physics, Computing and Further Maths at A Level, and I am very passionate about games.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I am doing Maths, Physics, Computing and Further Maths at A Level, and I am very passionate about games.
I'm not the admisions tutor so can't really say but to me it sounds like you have as much chance as anybody else. The people that I know that tried to get in just had a BTEC National Diploma in IT so you're in a different league. I don't know anybody directly on the course so I couldn't tell you what qualifcations they already had before they applied.

If you don't get in I would say you would be very unlucky.
TS2Master
Gee. Thanks!
LongGone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Frances)
That might be the same one as my sister... possibly.
Um, somebody just gave me negative rep for this post. Not that I care about it all that much, but um, why this post in particular? I've said far more offensive things than that my sister applied to Salford. :confused:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
50%
Yes- I don't like it (0)
0%
No- I want it (2)
50%
No- I don't want it (0)
0%

Watched Threads