Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This isn't the first time.....

But after going into town for a party last night it got to closing and both of my mates spent all there money. Decided that one more drink was a better option than getting home. Yea, £4 or a 5 mile walk.

Would it be too extreme to leave them and get a taxi for yourself just to make em learn?

Well it seems I'm a **** then. Its happened before, once is okay but more than once..... It comes across as a little "Ahh **** it, wm123 will pay for the taxi"

ReputationRep:
    Well you would be a bit of a ****....

ReputationRep:
    Man up. 5 miles isn't exactly marathon distance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Man up. 5 miles isn't exactly marathon distance.
    abit of a trek though..

Walking any distance does always seem like a good idea when you're drunk though...

ReputationRep:
    If you're the sensible one in the group, you could allways try to get a couple of quid off each of them at the start of the night when they're sober to go towards paying for a taxi?

ReputationRep:
    Next time maybe spend all your money too so they know you won't always be their responsible back up? This way you won't seem like the **** who left them behind whilst you got a taxi and the nice 5 mile walk home might teach them a lesson for the next time.

ReputationRep:
    That's really selfish of them to be honest, because you'll either have to walk with them (5 miles at the end of the night? Doesn't sound fun, especially as it'll take 1.5-2 hours to walk!) or you'll have to pay the full price of the taxi, regardless of it you go home alone or with them.

I'd let them know the situation if I were you, ask them for the £4-5 in advance to make sure they don't spend it.

ReputationRep:
    Of course pay for the Taxi IF they'll pay you back. Obviously you'll always have to have that much money on reserve, though...

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    Its £4... stop being so tight

ReputationRep:
    Man has recently invented this fantastic device called an ATM.

Knock yourself out.

ReputationRep:
    That happens to me a lot.. a taxi home costs £30 altogether, or £6 each between the 5 of us who go out. 3 of my friends will always pay me back when they're sober, but one never does; so I'm not bailing him out anymore. It might only seem like a small amount, but if it happens more than once it builds up and, to be honest, I just can't afford it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    abit of a trek though..

Walking any distance does always seem like a good idea when you're drunk though...
    The annoying thing about walking when drunk is that every single bench, bus stop, low wall, log and field seems like a good place to stop and have a smoke, which is why it always takes so damn long to get anywhere :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I see what you're saying OP, if they're good friends of mine I'd probably pay for the taxi as it's not a problem, but if it happened repeatedly and they didn't even mention paying me back, I'd probably do as you suggested. It's not about the money, it's simply about the attitude. They need to bring more cash when they go out, so they are basically being the cheap ones, relying on you to help them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    The annoying thing about walking when drunk is that every single bench, bus stop, low wall, log and field seems like a good place to stop and have a smoke, which is why it always takes so damn long to get anywhere :lol:
    Yeah it's a laugh though! Especially that moment of realization you're lost in the middle of the countryside..

ReputationRep:
    Do they pay you back? If not, I'd ask for the money back. Ask for it in advance the next time.
    If they do, just pay or ask for the money in advance if you'e worried about always having to take so much spare.

ReputationRep:
    I'd make them each buy me a drink or two the next time we go out. That's how it tends to happen with my mates, plus they seem rude to say no to buying you a drink if everyone else knows the score, so they can't say no

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.