Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have accepted a full time offer from one of the largest america investment banks, but i am now quite worry about the background check, i put down my alevel grades on application form stage according to my memory , and it probably not very accurate (maybe one or two courses different, probably a grade higher), as i took them 7 years ago, everything else on my application form is true(under, post grad history, work experience)

I wonder is this going to be a huge problem that can cause my offer withdraw? do I have any chance to explain if the grades in my memory are really not match to the reality? as i really didnt mean to lie on my application. thank you for helping me.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not have the certificates anymore? If you don't, I would contact the examination board and ask them to send you another copy.

After you have done this, I would contact HR is your grades are different and be honest. Background checks tend to be quite thorough, so being honest at this point is crucial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    Do you not have the certificates anymore? If you don't, I would contact the examination board and ask them to send you another copy.

After you have done this, I would contact HR is your grades are different and be honest. Background checks tend to be quite thorough, so being honest at this point is crucial.
    no I dont have the certificate anymore, its lost ages ago, i have already contact examination board, i think i will seriously thinking about contacting HR after I got it, thank you for your advise

ReputationRep:
    plz help!

ReputationRep:
    No-one can really help.

It will really depend on how far you're wrong.

If the difference is A at Maths and you got a C at Religious Studies then of course theres no chance.
    If the difference is A at Maths and they require an A at Maths and you got a B then of course you may be lucky but dont hold your breath.
    If the difference is A at English and you took English Language, I'd not worry so much.

It's probably very stupid to send an app form without knowing for sure your grades. You may be lucky but I'd definitely recommend you to find out your grades.

ReputationRep:
    They check things like work shadowing?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.