Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Most women suffer from mental illness watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, most women do suffer from mental illness, but are over looked.
    I notice, for everything, women always cry sexism! but the same thing when it happens to men, they don't say a word.

I was just reading this article in the BBC
    Where people are calling the film sexist, everything is sexist to women when it suits them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12926477

Miss world is seen as sexist, because most women can never get to be miss world or command the attention those women get.

But these same women who cry sexism do not say that about Mr Universe, where only the mans body is judge not his brain!

I can not believe the left wing, double standard crap that is taught in schools, Where the word sexism is thrown around loosely.

I do think women are far more hysterical than men, and tend to lose all forms of logic more often than men.

ReputationRep:
    I pity any future girlfriends of yours.

Double standards, although ****ing annoying at the best of times, crop up frequently in life. I suggest you stop *****ing and learn to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you may consider the actual frequency of occurences before you come out with such crap. How often are men objectified? It happens, but it's much more prevalent to happen to women, no? How much publicity do the two competitions get, in proportion? Think you may find it is by FAR Miss World. Mental illness may affect people differently, but it does not favour one gender over another massively. Shame on you for making such ridiculous generalisations over something so serious.

ReputationRep:
    In fact the literature indicates that men and women suffer from mental disorders equally; they're just of a different. Men 'act out' problems by taking drugs, drinking, being anti-social, women turn them in on themselves thus creating depression and anxiety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NerdBOY1)
    Yes, most women do suffer from mental illness, but are over looked.
    I notice, for everything, women always cry sexism! but the same thing when it happens to men, they don't say a word.

I was just reading this article in the BBC
    Where people are calling the film sexist, everything is sexist to women when it suits them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12926477

Miss world is seen as sexist, because most women can never get to be miss world or command the attention those women get.

But these same women who cry sexism do not say that about Mr Universe, where only the mans body is judge not his brain!

I can not believe the left wing, double standard crap that is taught in schools, Where the word sexism is thrown around loosely.

I do think women are far more hysterical than men, and tend to lose all forms of logic more often than men.
    Am I the only one who was completely bamboozled by the train of thought in this thread?

What does mental illness have to do with women claiming sexism? How is that evidence that all women have mental illness?

Wtf u on?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your professional opinion, OP. Where would we be without your medical knowledge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Thank you for your professional opinion, OP. Where would we be without your medical knowledge?
    You would be lost in the woods in tears

ReputationRep:
    Thats your opinion, thats not fact. Research shows that men and women equally get mental illness its the way in which they present it.

ReputationRep:
    You're a very, very stupid little boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)
    You're a very, very stupid little boy.
    I am a mature student, a man of the word, so you listen to me woman you might learn something

ReputationRep:
    I am a mature student, a man of the word, so you listen to me woman you might learn something
    You've already displayed your intelligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tite23)
    You've already displayed your intelligence
    Yes, I have set a very high bench mark, stick with me kid and you will go far

ReputationRep:
    Oh God its the sexist pig. He's ****ing back. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I fail to see how thinking things are sexist means you have a mental illness :confused:

Maybe this is just because I'm a woman so have therefore 'lost all forms of logic'.

ReputationRep:
    So claiming sexism is now related to mental illnesses?

Wait, what?

Are you mentally ill, OP, because your train of thought indicates it?

ReputationRep:
    How illogical.

ReputationRep:
    Men suffer from mental illness too so i have no idea what you're trying to imply

ReputationRep:
    The ignorance of the OP never ceases to amaze. You have reached a new low on the misogynist scale. Congrats, moron.

ReputationRep:
    It's impossible to know exactly how many people suffer from a mental illness, we can only judge by seeing how many people go to their GP about it. Women are more likely to seek help but that doesn't mean more women have a mental illness in general, many men may have one but don't seek help for it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.