Turn on thread page Beta

graduate entry medicine is competitive because there are less places so whats used to watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a medical student or an admissions tutor but even if you got to interview you're not going to get in because you're a douche

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter30)
    I'm not a medical student or an admissions tutor but even if you got to interview you're not going to get in because you're a douche
    you should just die while youve still got time....dont let nature take its toll

ReputationRep:
    You must believe. Believe......................... .................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alia)
    you should just die while youve still got time....dont let nature take its toll
    I want you to be my doctor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    You must believe. Believe......................... .................
    firestart what are your plans?
    after pharmacy?
    i remember you from the abdn threads....the idiots....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter30)
    I want you to be my doctor
    I agree. I love the way that Alia is just so direct.

ReputationRep:
    I saw quite a few of your threads. You don't like people's replies so move on and make new threads based upon the same queries in the same forum , where the same people can give you the exact SAME replies or in hope that the SAME people can give you different replies or something. And yet............................. .........................

Spoiler:
    Show

You still get the exact SAME replies

Doesn't this and the fact that I use the word "same" a lot in this post in bolded font suggest something to you now OP?

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I love the way that Alia is just so direct.
    after pharmacy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alia)
    after pharmacy?
    Yeah, I applied to medicine at Aberdeen uni. No medicine offers.

I got an unconditional offer at RGU for pharmacy. I am just going to stick with pharmacy and become a pharmacist.

Pharmacists are still well paid. About 40,000 pounds per year. I have heard of locums getting 60,000 pounds.

What I might also do is go to canada or america and become a pharmacist there. They get paid around 80,000-100,000 dollars and the quality of living there is better and cheaper. It is an option I am thinking about after I get my pharmacy degree.

What are your plans? You applying for graduate medicine. It will be highly competitive, far more than school entry.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I applied to medicine at Aberdeen uni.

I got an unconditional offer at RGU for pharmacy. I am just going to stick with pharmacy and become a pharmacist.

Pharmacists are still well paid. About 40,000 pounds. I have heard of locums getting 60,000 pounds.

What I might also do is go to canada or america and become a pharmacist there. They get paid around 80,000-100,000 dollars and the quality of living there is better and cheaper. It is an option I am thinking about after I get my pharmacy degree.

What are your plans? You applying for graduate medicine. It will be highly competitive, far more than school entry.

wow. Seems good. I have Pharmacy in mind too for a back up for med. Then work as a PT pharmacist while I go to Grad med

ReputationRep:
    Ok.
    1) OP, do you have amnesia? You keep posting the same threads, and now you've even taking to posting the same posts in the same threads. A doctor with amnesia really isn't very helpful.

2) firestar101, you're cracking me up! And now I've got this song in my head:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxIN79n4jVo
    Sing it OP, sing it. And stop asking the same bloody questions.

3) Also, good doctors don't tell people to die. Just an FYI. And you're welcome for the advice
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alia)
    2 ppl who got in through it probs 3-4 yrs ago not NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! IN THE 21ST CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!
    I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DONT REALISE THAT COMP IS DIFFERENT THESE DAYS
    How about you find out who you're shouting at first? I'm a first year student, and they're both in my year. So yeah, that shut you up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I applied to medicine at Aberdeen uni. No medicine offers.

Pharmacists are still well paid. About 40,000 pounds per year. I have heard of locums getting 60,000 pounds.

these were my plans as well but i still think that i have a chance with medicine as my grades are quite high....
    if only i did bio this yr-my dad did advise me to but after a while you think:
    okay now i have all rejections most imp thing is to GET GRADES
    then GET HIGH IN UKCAT
    then do this and that so much pressure that i just didnt bother doing bio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duckasaurus)
    Ok.
    1) OP, do you have amnesia? You keep posting the same threads, and now you've even taking to posting the same posts in the same threads. A doctor with amnesia really isn't very helpful.

2) firestar101, you're cracking me up! And now I've got this song in my head:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxIN79n4jVo
    Sing it OP, sing it. And stop asking the same bloody questions.

3) Also, good doctors don't tell people to die. Just an FYI. And you're welcome for the advice
    (Original post by felt_monkey)
    How about you find out who you're shouting at first? I'm a first year student, and they're both in my year. So yeah, that shut you up.
    shut what up 2 people in the year 2000 yes well done.

ReputationRep:
    Learn to speak English.
    If you were my doctor, I'd run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alia)
    See, I've read that 4 times and I've still no idea what the hell you're saying. It's just word salad.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alia)
    :facepalm2: I'm a FIRST YEAR. At SOUTHAMPTON. They're in MY YEAR. Which means they got in LAST YEAR'S CYCLE. LAST YEAR was 2010.

How are you not getting this???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felt_monkey)
    :facepalm2: I'm a FIRST YEAR. At SOUTHAMPTON. They're in MY YEAR. Which means they got in LAST YEAR'S CYCLE. LAST YEAR was 2010.

How are you not getting this???
    wait what are their grades like?
    how come i didnt get in?
    this is med right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alia)
    wait what are their grades like?
    how come i didnt get in?
    this is med right?
    Because it's hugely competitive, you don't have the right attitude at all, and you seem to have only a rudimentary grasp of the English language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alia)
    these were my plans as well but i still think that i have a chance with medicine as my grades are quite high....
    if only i did bio this yr-my dad did advise me to but after a while you think:
    okay now i have all rejections most imp thing is to GET GRADES
    then GET HIGH IN UKCAT
    then do this and that so much pressure that i just didnt bother doing bio.
    Yes. There are so many things to consider with medicine. It is not just about grades.

A lot of people I speak to do not understand just how competitive medicine is and having the grades alone will not get you in. I am tired of explaining this to people.

Only medicine applicants know what I am talking about and can understand the whole process. Anyone else is just clueless.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.