Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA AS Eng Lit B. DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS EXAM! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really don't get it. I get A's in my coursework but D's and C's in this exam?!

The summer will be the 3rd time I'm retaking it (Shameful I know!)

I'm currently on a B in english but I NEED an A in english to get into uni
    So I'm a pretty panicky!

I just don't understand how they mark this exam? I know the texts pretty much inside out from already taking the exam TWICE! But I just don't understand what they are looking for.

Is Section A ONLY marked on form, structure and langauge. So they don't care about if our expression is clear or our writing is concise or whatever?!

Does anybody have any sample exam answers because I can't find them anywhere! Or has anybody taken this exam, recieved a good grade and would kindly allow me to look at one their answers?
    Any resources or advice would be amazingly helpful!

Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    Section A:

Part A = Form, Structure & Language.
    Part B = AO1, AO3 (different interpretations such as Feminism, Marxism, etc) and AO4 - context - which can be basically be social, economical, historical, etc. xD

The mark-scheme actually specifies what they're looking for and to what level of detail you need to hit the different bands and get what marks. ^^

Your expression needs to be clear, irrespective of whether it's not directly stated. You need to be concise but detailed in order to have enough time to write your essay.

I will be taking the exam in the summer, but in my essays I have been hitting the band 6 (18-21) marks, which is basically an A. I found it useful to look at other responses to the texts being studied online and amalgamate them into my own writing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.