Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you remember to take the pill? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just seem to remember, I take it in the evening between about 9 and 11, used to have a phone alarm at 9 but it was ridiculously loud and went off at inconvenient times. I even remember when I'm drunk, it's probably the only important thing I DO ever remember :p:

ReputationRep:
    I read panicky threads on TSR about the pill every morning.

I have no idea. Just find a place for it in your routine. I do it after my post shower moisturising, along with my vitamin supplements. Easy.

ReputationRep:
    I take mine at 12.30 every day - my sleeping patterns are different every week so there would be no point in taking it when I wake up/go to bed. I've got myself into a habit of taking it now - but at first I did the alarm thing, even in the middle of the day. It also used to coincide with the start of my lunchtime at school, so was an easy time to remember.

ReputationRep:
    I used to set an alarm, and put it right next to my bedside.

I'm thinking of going back on the pill after having an IUD for a year.
    I just feel more safe having a pill.
    Does anyone know which pill has least effect upon moods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    Surely you could just look to see if that "day" had been used or not? :confused:
    I meant I would literally have a packet with me anywhere I was... one at home, one in my bag, one in my locker at school for when it was PE day and I took a different bag. Just so I would have them there whenever I remembered. But having more than one packet on the go really cocked the days up. I tried it for a year but spent most months panicking that I'd screwed up so it wasn't worth it in the end.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you need to set an alarm really early in the morning, the precise time is not that important. I've been taking the pill for about 5 years now and I have never been that good at taking it at a precise time. I take it at some point after I've got up in the morning, which can be anything from 7am until 1pm, and it's been perfectly fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotteeee<3)
    I started going on the pill this morning, and I'm paranoid that I will forget to take it!

I have set an alarm on my phone at 6.40 every morning, but my phone goes off so much, I'll probably think it is a text or something and just ignore it!

So how do you remember to take it? Thank you
    Maybe take it at the same time as a meal eg breakfast, so that you associate taking the pill with that meal so you remember to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Morpheus reminds me.

ReputationRep:
    Just think of that screaming,crying baby and I can assure you that you'll remember

ReputationRep:
    I put mine by my toothbrush, hairspray, etc..

ReputationRep:
    I put them on my bedside table next to my glasses/phone so that when I get up in the morn I can't not notice them when I grab for my glasses. I used to forget somedays when I first started using them but it's habbit now, you just somehow stop forgetting to take them! So I'm sure it'll be the same for you . If you incorporate them somewhere in your morning routine like at breakfast of something then that should help you remember because it's like your next step in your routine which'll help you not forget.

ReputationRep:
    I always take mine just before I eat dinner.

ReputationRep:
    I have to take other medication every day, so I just keep them together. Most people I know keep theirs next to something they do every day, e.g. next to their toothbrush or in their makeup bag.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have an alarm clock for it every day at 5pm to take it. But to be honest I never really needed it, it's just something I remember.
    I do it in the evenings, as mornings don't suit me, especially if I want a lay in on one day but not the other.
    It works for me, you just get into that routine of taking it.

ReputationRep:
    My ex and I used to both set an alarm. Between us, one of us usually remembered.

ReputationRep:
    I used to set an alarm on my phone- but sometimes I left my phone upstairs or it ran out of battery etc.
    Than I decided I would take it after the 5.30pm showing of Neighbours (haha) but even that was unreliable because I sometimes forgot/was out so didn't watch it.
    Now I have the implant which means I don't have to remember to take anything

ReputationRep:
    Well this is a frightening thread

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.