Turn on thread page Beta

Obama is a load of tosh, just like Bush was. watch

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, the US political system needs an overhaul (and I can say that because I am American). He is too busy cleaning up after Dubya to do anything and he is meeting nothing but resistance along the way.

So, what has he done? yeah, nothing. Anything good he does is overshadowed by what people think is bad. Whatever. He couldn't do any worse than Dubya.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    He made to many promises. Thats why people hate him. its one thing to not do something. Its quite another to lie about doing something.
    But nobody will let him do anything, because they've been convinced by the Republicans that all these promises are either communist, degenerate or both...

ReputationRep:
    You mean like every US president was, is, and will be?

It's not the president that runs the country you know...

ReputationRep:
    I swear to god unless they're Martin Luther King of Ghandi, we immediately dismiss our politicians if they haven't done anything earth shatteringly revolutionary. Whilst Obama hasn't been extraordinary, he's hardly been a bad leader, and has at least tried to bring the USA into the 21st century after Bush's efforts to drag them back to the 16th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    You serious? Sure he hasn't done anything spectacular
    Are you joking?

Sure he may not be the messiah he painted himself to be prior to being elected (hubris even the best of us can be guilty of at times), but he has done a few remarkable things - healthcare being one. Yes I was disappointed about the exclusion of single-payer options, but this is a HUGE achievement to have overcome, one which past presidents struggled to even launch an effective debate on.

The repeal of DADT, Russia and his financial reforms (however much I disagree with the extent of the latter) etc are all great achievements too. Again, whilst issues like G-Bay still exist (again I would say down to his initial hubris in making such promises), Obama has done a heck of a lot of good and in cases, achieved spectacular achievements.

And before anyone retorts that I'm some lefty/liberal Democrat, I'm an independent (socially liberal, fiscally conservative).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    Can anyone actually give evidence and/or facts as to why they disagree with Obama's performance so far? Or, will people carry on spouting vitriolic cynicism, whilst lacking a well constructed argument?
    A-bloody-men.

This tends to be the extent of debate these days; making baseless and vitriolic remarks disparaging our politicians.

ReputationRep:
    He's been very disappointing, but I don't expect much from American presidents.

He's slightly better than Bush, but at least Bush was open about his ways. Obama sugar coats it pretending he's a good guy when he's not.

Now I see, all that his "it's time for change" motto referred to is the idea of having a black president. That's the only change. He's so overhyped it's a joke.

ReputationRep:
    http://whatthe****hasobamadonesofar.com/

Question is, what hasn't he done?

All the haters can leave now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    Can anyone actually give evidence and/or facts as to why they disagree with Obama's performance so far? Or, will people carry on spouting vitriolic cynicism, whilst lacking a well constructed argument?
    From an non-partisan perspective:

He failed to get the deal he wanted on healthcare when all he had to do was convince members of his own party.

He was reluctant about Libya and lost the USA respect for not taking command.

He spent the stimulus on ideological goals rather than job creation.

ReputationRep:
    The president has less influence on power than everyone thinks, so after his massive "Hope" and "Change" campaign, a certain amount of disillusionment was inevitable.

Personally I think that administration has handled the recent middle east crisis admirably. I think he's done the best of a bad job in general-that's all you can do.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing how most Americans don't seem to have cottoned on that presidents are meant to seem like likeable noble people, that's why they get bloody good actors to do the job.

Any man can be president of the United States, as long as he is a charismatic and charming professional liar who happens to come from a wealthy family with links to big business.

ReputationRep:
    soo true. the difference s that Obama's more sly than bush

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...Ron Paul will fix everything when he wins in 2012 .....aww what am I dreaming he has no chance .

ReputationRep:
    I would like to do an experiment where we put BIg Bird in charge at the White House and the other assorted members of Sesame Street as his political cabinet and see what happens in 4 years. My bet is that things would function as well as, or if not better, than they do currently

My father, who grew up in Italy, a country where they would often change governments before breakfast yet until recently had the fifth biggest economy in the world, said that countries function despite politicians not because of them. I'm inclined to agree with him

ReputationRep:
    If he gets the 'free' health service through, perhaps that'll be one.

Obama was part of the great irony of recent times: America breaking down racial barriers by voting someone as president because of his skin colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dream Weaver)
    He had majority of both the House and the Senate before the mid terms. It was democrats that joined republicans to stop what he was doing.
    Conservative democrats? lawlz

(Original post by CombineHarvester)
    The Republicans don't have the power to stop him, he made concessions out of choice to appease the Republicans and he went way too far which is why he got destroyed in the mid terms.
    Peak times for him :nopity: He is too weak :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Thank God McCain/Palin didn't win in '08.
    McCain is too old and Palin is too stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Obama is just a puppet, he does nothing by himself, all decisions are made by others in the background.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOL:
    Q-"What has he done for me lately?"
    A-"Appointed more openly gay officials than any other president in US history."

:ROFL:

ReputationRep:
    As a few others have pointed out already, the man's a damn puppet for the elites.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.