Turn on thread page Beta

PHYA1 - Physics Unit 1 Exam - 24th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    45.30%
    NO!
    54.70%

ReputationRep:
    On the page with the question about the feynman diagram i think i didn't see the question about naming the interaction. was there any other questions on that page?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OpTic Predator)
    You cannot retake this exam. If you fail you fail; no two ways about it.

You messed up.
    wrong.

have friends who re-took in january [upper year]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lack_of_knowledge)
    how did everyone get 1.3 A for the second last one. I got 0.67 A because when the current comes at the junction 1/3 goes to where there is more resistance and 2/3 where there is less resistance cause current always goes to where there is less resistance. Also the top bit of the parallel and the bottom bit were in the ratio 2:1.
    Yes so 2/3 =2/3
    2/3 x 2 = 4/3
    4/4=1.33..
    I just put down 1.3 (2.s.f)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimetoSucceed)
    wrong.

have friends who re-took in january [upper year]
    he's just trollllliiinn'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyNeighbourTotoro)
    Oh? how come you're not allowed to resit?
    Of course you can re-sit - if you look at said persons other posts, you will find some pretty mad responses, haha!

You are able to re-take this exam next January and even the following May, if necessary, so no need to worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brasileira)
    he's just trollllliiinn'
    Doing a good job in my eyes though haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizzy in my Head)
    Of course you can re-sit - if you look at said persons other posts, you will find some pretty mad responses, haha!

You are able to re-take this exam next January and even the following May, if necessary, so no need to worry.
    Thank you was really worried then.

At least i can resit it next year if i get a U then

ReputationRep:
    plan now is to work hard this half term fo unit 2, retake unit 1 in jan. problem is i might end up getting b/c in physics and uni will require an A which i know ill get by the end of A2 but they obviously wont give me an offer

ReputationRep:
    Ill post it again because i urgently need to know.

On the page with the question about the feynman diagram i think i didn't see the question about naming the interaction. was there any other questions on that page?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle)
    Ill post it again because i urgently need to know.

the question about naming the interaction was on the left hand page. the feynman diagram was on the right hand one with no other questions... i highly doubt you could have missed the whole of the left hand page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rub em out)
    the question about naming the interaction was on the left hand page. the feynman diagram was on the right hand one with no other questions... i highly doubt you could have missed the whole of the left hand page
    Can you give me some other examples please as i think i may have done without realising? Unless that was the question where i wrote weak interaction instead of electron capture? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyNeighbourTotoro)
    Thank you was really worried then.

At least i can resit it next year if i get a U then
    Wel, to be honest, I found that so so so many people found the last question on electricity hard, tha the examiners will see this and make it so the UMS marks higher - so even if you got the question right, everyone gets shifter up a little (hopefully - just spectualting). I.e. Grade boundries are lower.

Please, please take pity on the lowly, AQA! :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    what was the peak to peak voltage of that ac source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy149)
    what was the peak to peak voltage of that ac source?
    Um, I think I got four volts? (Eight divisions, each one 0.5V...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle)
    Can you give me some other examples please as i think i may have done without realising? Unless that was the question where i wrote weak interaction instead of electron capture? Thank you.
    It was alpha decay, electron capture, where did the electron come from etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fGDu)
    It was alpha decay, electron capture, where did the electron come from etc.
    Thank you very much, i did those, it was positron decay though? and i put weak interaction instead of electron capture for some idiotic reason.

ReputationRep:
    i put 2V because surely it is just where the top of that line was from the 'zero' line because that is where all the beaks would be? top to bottom would surely be 4V but measuring peak to trough? :/ i'm probably wrong though!

ReputationRep:
    oh **** did they ask for peak to peak or peak voltage?

i thought they asked for peak and i wrote 2v, then used that for rms on the next page

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimetoSucceed)
    oh **** did they ask for peak to peak or peak voltage?

i thought they asked for peak and i wrote 2v, then used that for rms on the next page

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

You'll probably get carry on marks though I think?

I'm hoping that the A boundary is about 50/70 then I think I might just scrape an A

peak to peak voltage was 4v
    rms value was 2/root 2 which is root 2
    it was electron capture

and on the page with the beta decay i put the top one A-4 and Z-2 (can't remember which way around the A and Z goes lol) The new proton number was 18 which is that of Argon.

ReputationRep:
    Are your exam officers allowed to give you the paper or a photocopy? Or is there some sort of rule? :confused: If not may go and get it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 11, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.