Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PHYA1 - Physics Unit 1 Exam - 24th May 2011 Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    45.30%
    NO!
    54.70%

ReputationRep:
    Yeah anyway, anyone remember the Argon question? Like what the atom before was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackegan93)
    That's actually what I said.. will I still get marks?
    I'm pretty sure we're right lol.

I'm sure the bottom equation actually worked fine. But some people are saying muon has no lepton number now... or it has -1, which I don't get...

Unless both of them didn't work and they just wanted a reason for the one you chose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooEasy123)

I'm sure the bottom equation actually worked fine. But some people are saying muon has no lepton number now... or it has -1, which I don't get...

Unless both of them didn't work and they just wanted a reason for the one you chose?
    muon*+ has a lepton number of -1.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah anyway, anyone remember the Argon question? Like what the atom before was?

think it was potassium, K!

ReputationRep:

I'm confident that the bottom one didn't work now too though, more confident than I am with my own choice, so it's probably wrong.

Say, do you remember the question with Argon in it and what it said?

ReputationRep:
    For the proof question i proved that the resistance of the resistors was 3, using my answer of 5 ohms from the previous question - would i still get marks for that?
    i.e. i did 1/2r + 1/r = 1/rt
    rt = 2r/3

2r/3 + r = 5
    5r = 15
    r = 3

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    I'm confident that the bottom one didn't work now too though, more confident than I am with my own choice, so it's probably wrong.

Say, do you remember the question with Argon in it and what it said?
    Wtf... I checked it sooo many times, I'm pretty sure it was a normal muon lol.

Was it the one where it's like Ar + e- = something + Ve

ReputationRep:
    What do u think the grade boundaries are ???????????
    anyone???

ReputationRep:
    Wtf... I checked it sooo many times, I'm pretty sure it was a normal muon lol.

Was it the one where it's like Ar + e- = something + Ve
    Not sure I can't remember much about it, I'm hoping someone will jog my memory. Ah well

ReputationRep:
    it was a positive muon so it had a lepton number of -1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spas_13)
    Thats wrong mate, unlucky. Good luck in the retake
    LOL !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthew769)
    this would be correct had the question asked for the current value where there was more resistance, but it asked for the current value through the part where there was only one resistor i imagine you would get a mark for your working as it is all correct, just the answer is incorrect
    Aw well just 2 marks right

ReputationRep:
    I really think the mark boundries will be quite low. Does anyone thing ill get any marks for this. This is for the calculating the internal resistance "So for some reason i used 1.5 as the emf (1 mark lost) and again for some reason i calculated the lost volts as :1.5v-1.4V = 0.1V. I then read this value off the graph and I got A Current value of 0.3. R=V/I so R=0.1/0.3 so i got an answer around 0.33 ohms, will i get anything?

ReputationRep:
    Was the definition question 'ionisation energy' ?

ReputationRep:
    can anyone remember the question at the end of the emf graph asking for energy lost in watts (or joules per second).

ReputationRep:
    On the question that asked you to convert eV to joules, was it MeV or eV?

ReputationRep:
    ev so multiply 13.6 by 1.6 x 10^-19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anil10100)
    Doing a good job in my eyes though haha
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    50/70 for an A ? what do people think ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.