Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PHYA1 - Physics Unit 1 Exam - 24th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    45.30%
    NO!
    54.70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by number23)
    power=energy/time... since time = 1 second, then surely power=energy in this case?
    essentialy, itjust took longer to work out the 'energy' because you needed LOTS of equations... as I found out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gids)
    thanks yesss!!!. what baryon did you put for x and what page was the question of the stable hadron and how many marks was that?
    did we need to name the baryon? i thought we just had to say it was a baryon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gids)
    thanks yesss!!!. what baryon did you put for x and what page was the question of the stable hadron and how many marks was that?
    Never asked for name, asked what it was and why

And stable hadron was on the same page, answer was proton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths134)
    essentialy, itjust took longer to work out the 'energy' because you needed LOTS of equations... as I found out.
    where we asked to calculate the energy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gids)
    No no it was calculate power which is joules per second. So if you took the long route of working out 'energy' it was the same as working out 'power' because, as someone stated earlier power = js*-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gids)
    no just power i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notsocleverstudent)
    Never asked for name, asked what it was and why

And stable hadron was on the same page, answer was proton.
    so was the answer to x + did we need to calculate energy in the entire paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Msd27)
    no just power i think
    whoa thats good. i did alot of silly mistakes gosh! did not read the question probally and + i didnt see the question of a stable hadron. how many marks was it worth ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gids)
    so was the answer to x + did we need to calculate energy in the entire paper?
    No ! as I previously said, I only said 'energy' as in the context of the question it was more or less the same as 'power'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gids)
    whoa thats good. i did alot of silly mistakes gosh! did not read the question probally and + i didnt see the question of a stable hadron. how many marks was it worth ?
    2 possibly 3... there will be some carry through marks as i think you needed your internal resistence from the question before

ReputationRep:
    The last part of question 1, where it asked if X was a baryon, lepton, or a meson; I put baryon, but would I get the mark for saying that this is because baryons decay into protons, rather than saying baryon number was conserved? Conflicting reports from friends about this.

Other than that, very happy with how that went. The lack of photoelectric effect/resistivity questions stunned me, though! Basically missed out half the syllabus!

ReputationRep:
    hey wat did u guys get on the graph question when u had to draw the dc currnet one...and the peak to peak one????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by questionandanswer)
    I said a strange particle contains a strange quark :/
    I did that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smilie 101)
    You just had to do charge divided by mass.. i fink i got in and around 4.79x10-7 Ckg-1.. wbu
    i think i was a round the same i did 2 * 1.60*10^19/4*the mass of protons.....would that give me the right answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swert)
    i think i was a round the same i did 2 * 1.60*10^19/4*the mass of protons.....would that give me the right answer
    yeah it would if you mean 1.6*10^-19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wallz)
    yeah it would if you mean 1.6*10^-19
    pheww atleast im not gona get a zero...this was ******* hard test......wat did we have to wit that graph the dc current...i jus a drew a dot in the middle of the graph :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swert)
    pheww atleast im not gona get a zero...this was ******* hard test......wat did we have to wit that graph the dc current...i jus a drew a dot in the middle of the graph :/
    each square was 0.5V I think and the voltage asked to write was 2.5? so you had to draw a dot 5 squares up from the center. You may have hit it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisS911)
    Am i the only one that got 3.3A for the 2nd to last one? I did 10/3. I used 10v because over a parallel combo, the voltage on each side is equal to the max voltage; and on that specific side there was only one component so all of the voltage was passing through it. no? :confused:

Also i got 5v for the last one because if the resistance in the two resistors is the same - THe current will also be the same. And as there are two components, the total Voltage through one resistor is the max V/2. (10/2 = 5)
    But there is the other resistor that wasnt in the parallel combo remember? So you have to do work out voltage across that one
    I=2
    R=3
    V=IR= 3x2=6
    10-6=4
    so the voltage across the parallel combo is actually 4V

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jian_Earle)
    But there is the other resistor that wasnt in the parallel combo remember? So you have to do work out voltage across that one
    I=2
    R=3
    V=IR= 3x2=6
    10-6=4
    so the voltage across the parallel combo is actually 4V
    therefore the voltage of the second resistor is 4/2 = 2.

ReputationRep:
    what was the awnswer to the peak-peak question

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.