Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

PHYA1 - Physics Unit 1 Exam - 24th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    45.30%
    NO!
    54.70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lack_of_knowledge)
    what was the awnswer to the peak-peak question
    4V

ReputationRep:
    anyone know when paper will be available ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jian_Earle)
    But there is the other resistor that wasnt in the parallel combo remember? So you have to do work out voltage across that one
    I=2
    R=3
    V=IR= 3x2=6
    10-6=4
    so the voltage across the parallel combo is actually 4V
    It displayed conventional current so was going from positive to left so would reach resistors in parallel first

And if that weren't enough, it was worth 2 marks so not gonna require 2 lines of working and 10v was electromotive force and if you knew what emf is then you would know that it's not possible to do 10-x

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody else find it weird that the question where we had to prove each resistor = 3ohms had somewhere to write an answer - I wasn't sure what to put as an answer so I just wrote 3 ohms after I'd proved it

ReputationRep:
    yeah apparantly every year there's a question where they mess it up but as long as you showed that it was consistent with your previous answer it doesn't matter what you wrote as your answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toobz)
    yeah apparantly every year there's a question where they mess it up but as long as you showed that it was consistent with your previous answer it doesn't matter what you wrote as your answer
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    what was the mark for the very last question, when you have to find the voltage ?

ReputationRep:
    Found that very easy, does anyone know if the Feynman diagram was electron capture or collison?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick129)
    Found that very easy, does anyone know if the Feynman diagram was electron capture or collison?
    presumably capture because it said to draw it for that equation - so i guess whatever you answered for the what type of decay is this question.

ReputationRep:
    For the last two questions i put 3.3 and 5v (of which i know are wrong). Will i get any work for marking? because i did exact right method i just used wrong values.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is thread on Psychology Unit 1 6PS01

ReputationRep:
    What answer did you get for converted the electron volts into joules? What were you supposed to do? =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    What answer did you get for converted the electron volts into joules? What were you supposed to do? =/
    Multiply that value by 1.6 x 10^-19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    I can't remember my answer but I do know that you were meant to times the value of eV by 1.6x10-19.

Does anyone know the answer to the question; "where did the electron come from?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomrickard1)
    I can't remember my answer but I do know that you were meant to times the value of eV by 1.6x10-19.

Does anyone know the answer to the question; "where did the electron come from?"
    I think it is a proton emitted from the nucleus which then changes to a proton, that is why proton number falls by one. I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomrickard1)

It's from one of the shells

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notsocleverstudent)
    It displayed conventional current so was going from positive to left so would reach resistors in parallel first

And if that weren't enough, it was worth 2 marks so not gonna require 2 lines of working and 10v was electromotive force and if you knew what emf is then you would know that it's not possible to do 10-x
    1) Emf is the same as p.d because the internal resitance is negliable
    2) Doesnt matter what order the components are in. Simple circluit laws In series the work done is split between the components. The parrallel combo is in series with the other resistor so tyhe p.d across the parallel combo is the p.d or em.f is you like minus the work done on the other resistor!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jian_Earle)
    1) Emf is the same as p.d because the internal resitance is negliable
    2) Doesnt matter what order the components are in. Simple circluit laws In series the work done is split between the components. The parrallel combo is in series with the other resistor so tyhe p.d across the parallel combo is the p.d or em.f is you like minus the work done on the other resistor!
    Simple circuit laws? I can only recall 2 'Simple laws' which are the current and voltage laws. Do show me where this law originates from please, I never paid attention in class.

You're correct about emf, which is my bad.

But the components in parallel are in somewhat of their own series so surely the pd in resistor x = whatever you got - the work done of the resistor before?

Either way my reasoning is a lot more plausible, the current will split when it meets a junction which is a SIMPLE circuit law, and will prefer to go in the direction where more of it go through so there'll be less going through the upper side of the parallel series since it had more resistors. So current flowing through the upper part will be 2/3 x R = Voltage.

ReputationRep:
    When will the paper/solutions become available?

ReputationRep:
    for last question i put it has a p.d of 2v.

4 volts wer getting feeded into both parrallel rooutes, so 4/2 2v?

What was the actual answer to the last 2?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 11, 2012
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.