Turn on thread page Beta

PHYA1 - Physics Unit 1 Exam - 24th May 2011 watch

• View Poll Results: Are you resitting this unit?
    YES!
    45.30%
    NO!
    54.70%

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the electricity questions?
    I got 1.33 Amps for the current through that resistor, and then 2 Volts across that resistor in parallel (with another resistor beside it), is that what other people got?

ReputationRep:
    I hope I have got an A after all the revision I put into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seanjagger)
    the 6 mark question? i have a feeling it may be on energy levels and photon emmision, anyone else got different opinions?
    Your feeling was correct good sir! haha Do you do A-level geography per chance?

ReputationRep:
    It was 1.333 A for the 2nd to last question and 2 volts for the last question. I put 0.67 A though, lol.

The 3rd part of the first question was retarded: "state the characteristics of the strange particle", I wrote that it has strangeness.

What did you guys get for the internal resistance? It was 0.4.. something but I put 1.48 :/

That was HARD paper, the grade boundaries will probably be lower. Anyone who says it was easy is purely bull****ting to look clever, or is actually extremely clever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beelz)
    I got 1.33 Amps for the current through that resistor, and then 2 Volts across that resistor in parallel (with another resistor beside it), is that what other people got?
    I got 0.1333A for the resistor I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naum)
    It was 1.333 A for the 2nd to last question and 2 volts for the last question. I put 0.67 A though, lol.

The 3rd part of the first question was retarded: "state the characteristics of the strange particle", I wrote that it has strangeness.

What did you guys get for the internal resistance? It was 0.4.. something but I put 1.48 :/
    For internal resistance I put 0.4, I took the gradient from the wierd graph.

I said it had a stangeness of -1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naum)
    Thank God!! I thought i'd got that wrong! I put like four different answers and scribbled them out xD

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone put up a question paper if possible? I think I got 65/70

ReputationRep:
    What lines did people draw on the graph? For negligible resistance i drew y=1.52(emf), for twice the resistance i doubled the gradient so got a line twice as steep...I had no idea! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naum)

That was HARD paper, the grade boundaries will probably be lower. Anyone who says it was easy is purely bull****ting to look clever, or is actually extremely clever.
    I got 0.45 for internal resistance and for the strange particle question I said that it contains a strange quark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwalker37)
    What lines did people draw on the graph? For negligible resistance i drew y=1.52(emf), for twice the resistance i doubled the gradient so got a line twice as steep...I had no idea! haha
    Yeah that's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beelz)
    Yeah that's right.
    Aha the gods were with me then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwalker37)
    lol I did exactly the same, but i too had no idea! xD

I guess if two of us did it then it might be right (crosses fingers)

ReputationRep:
    how much was the draw a line for negligble resistance worth i missed it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gijoe123)
    2 marks I think, wouldn't worry about it anyhow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gijoe123)
    1 mark I believe, I drew it as a horizontal line because it means r=0, so the gradient must be zero.

ReputationRep:
    i knew the answer but i didnt see the question argghhhh

ReputationRep:
    i found that paper so hard the electricity at the end :confused: and that six mark question. i wrote stuff down but i doubt i'll get anywhere near 6 marks for it !

what was I doing wrong on the last question i couldn't get the total resistance to match the resistance of each resistor ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beelz)
    For the last one I got 5 V how did you work it out I did

R1
    R1+R2

so 3/6 x 10 = 5

ReputationRep:
    Let W,X,Y,Z have resistance R. The resistance of the parallel combination is
    1/Rt=1/2R+1/R (2R because there are 2 in series)
    -> Rt=2R/3

The resistance of the parallel combination added in series to resistance Z is
    2R/3+R=5R/3
    The resistance of the circuit was found as 5 ohms in part a), so 5R/3=5
    R=3 ohms.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 11, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.