icebreaker! Watch

zofpjhe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey,
Alright I've been speaking to this girl for a while now and we get along really well! She's been wanting me to give her a call sometime this week but I haven't found the courage however I'm hoping to do it today. Yes. The awful Sunday call. I was just wondering should I just call or should I send a funny/icebreaker text first just to see how things are. Its sunday so she's probably tired from the weekend/having a bit of a hangover, how shall I proceed? And if I should text her first, what icebreakers d'you reckon I should use? She loves laughing at ultra cheesy pick-up lines , or just horrible horrible attempts (nothing offensive though)!
jblackmoustache
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just be honest. Humour is always a winner (if she isn't one of those unfunny super cereal types). Why else do you think girls love comedians?

In regards to the conversation: the less you say the better. It's all about listening. People (not just girls) like someone who listens and values what they say. Ask questions.

Do what you do. If you've been getting along well then carry on with it. She probably likes you to be who you are. Don't take advice from no lame internet PUA types. Just be you.
Last edited by jblackmoustache; 7 years ago
WJM
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
how much does a polarbear weigh ?..... enough to break the ice :P and your in .
zofpjhe
Rep:
?
(Original post by jblackmoustache)
Just be honest. Humour is always a winner (if she isn't one of those unfunny super cereal types). Why else do you think girls love comedians?

In regards to the conversation: the less you say the better. It's all about listening. People (not just girls) like someone who listens and values what they say. Ask questions.

Do what you do. If you've been getting along well then carry on with it. She probably likes you to be who you are. Don't take advice from no lame internet PUA types. Just be you.
I understand what you're saying and appreciate your help but it's just that she's older (3 years) and well I keep getting the feeling that everytime I contact her I'm bothering her in a way (she doesn't show this, and she actually starts most of our conversations, but I guess I'm slightly neurotic and insecure about myself). I don't find the actual conversations intimidating rather I find it difficult to initiate it!
zofpjhe
Rep:
?
(Original post by WJM)
how much does a polarbear weigh ?..... enough to break the ice :P and your in .
I actually used that on her once, she absolutely loved it, I need a similar cheesy icebreaker dude!
jblackmoustache
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zofpjhe)
I understand what you're saying and appreciate your help but it's just that she's older (3 years) and well I keep getting the feeling that everytime I contact her I'm bothering her in a way (she doesn't show this, and she actually starts most of our conversations, but I guess I'm slightly neurotic and insecure about myself). I don't find the actual conversations intimidating rather I find it difficult to initiate it!
Don't worry about it. That's her problem. If she didn't want to talk to you then she wouldn't start a new conversation with you. She's probably as nervous as you are. Look at her differently. Instead of as this beautiful goddess you would like to worship, think of her as a person. Strip her of her makeup, intimidating (but beautiful) clothes and then look her in the eyes.

You can always ask her if she's busy and if you've caught her at a bad time?
zofpjhe
Rep:
?
(Original post by jblackmoustache)
Don't worry about it. That's her problem. If she didn't want to talk to you then she wouldn't start a new conversation with you. She's probably as nervous as you are. Look at her differently. Instead of as this beautiful goddess you would like to worship, think of her as a person. Strip her of her makeup, intimidating (but beautiful) clothes and then look her in the eyes.

You can always ask her if she's busy and if you've caught her at a bad time?
Yeah thanks for that, will give it a try!
lessthan0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I actually used that on her once, she absolutely loved it, I need a similar cheesy icebreaker dude!
I like to use ridiculous jokes. For example,

Did you hear about the red spaceship full of little blue men that crashed on the moon? The passengers were marooned.

I was walking down the street the other day and a man threw a piece of cheese at me. I didn't think it was very mature. :cool:
zofpjhe
Rep:
?
I went for the neutral 'hey, what you up to ' text and I haven't got a reply yet!!! I feel like a fool! God I've completely disgraced myself
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I went for the neutral 'hey, what you up to ' text and I haven't got a reply yet!!! I feel like a fool! God I've completely disgraced myself
... that's completely fine. The ball is in her court now, you just have to wait it out.
zofpjhe
Rep:
?
I'm getting quite insecure, still no reply? I mean everybody always has their phone within close proximity? She's way out of my league, maybe she was just toying with me? Maybe it wasn't actually going well, maybe I was naive to think that I had a slight chance?
WJM
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
never asume the worst, im sure theres a perfectly good reson she hasnt replied yet
zofpjhe
Rep:
?
(Original post by WJM)
never asume the worst, im sure theres a perfectly good reson she hasnt replied yet
She just replied, she's having a 'family day' so yeah I told her to gimme a text whenever she's available then I'll give her a call, pretty smooth aye haha I must be bipolar i went from a nervous wreck to a narcissitic ******* haha!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (636)
91.12%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
8.88%

Watched Threads