Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm friends with a guy at sixth form, and we often talk over FB chat about revision etc. Recently, he's started making little jokes, like ''If you help me get an A I'll marry you'' and when he found out I listen to bands such as Bullet for my valentine and Lostprohphets he was like '' ARGH, I don't wanna date some emo chick, lol''.

Should I take it as a sign he likes me or should I assume he's joking.
    I'm confused lol.

ReputationRep:
    Probably has a bit of a thing for you judging by the second quote.

ReputationRep:
    He's probably testing the water.

ReputationRep:
    He's probably just having a laugh. I wouldn't take it too seriously, unless he starts dropping more hints.

In the past few months he's got jealous of other guys, accusing me of getting off with them etc, but I'm completely confused!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    Probably has a bit of a thing for you judging by the second quote.
    This.

Or.... He was just making a point about his gf preferences, bith seem viable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In the past few months he's got jealous of other guys, accusing me of getting off with them etc, but I'm completely confused!
    That's a bit weird to be honest because it's not as though you're actually dating or going out with him, but jealousy of other guys seems a definite indicator ghe has something for you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You shouldn't be confused, I personally think these are signs that he likes you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    He's probably testing the water.
    This^

Oh noes! Now you have to really think about what you reply back :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    He's probably just having a laugh. I wouldn't take it too seriously, unless he starts dropping more hints.
    this. tbh i wouldn't get too into it. might lead to hurt later on. just keep casual for now - the jealousy thing may be promising

ReputationRep:
    Just ask him.

ReputationRep:
    No I think that's a big hint that he does fancy you. Guys wouldn't generally say that if they didn't like a person in that way because you've gotta think what this could mean to the person you're saying it to. And if a guy/girl doesn't like the person then they don't want to give the wrong impression.

(Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
    No I think that's a big hint that he does fancy you. Guys wouldn't generally say that if they didn't like a person in that way because you've gotta think what this could mean to the person you're saying it to. And if a guy/girl doesn't like the person then they don't want to give the wrong impression.
    I hope so. :o:
    He's mentioned the word relationship a couple of times but I still feel unsure. I'm naturally suspicious of boys.

ReputationRep:
    he likes u =]

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.