Turn on thread page Beta

How would you feel about this situation girls ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd definitely want to know why.. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovingOn)
    I'd leave him, I don't want to play God.
    Off topic:If you're going to go down that route, technically, any medicine is playing God. Keeping old people alive is playing God, but no-one has a problem with that do they?

ReputationRep:
    OP, have you talked to your girlfriend about this before now? I know you've talked to her about your 'issues' but have you actually told her that you wouldn't want to have a daughter? Also, what exactly is your situation? Is she pregnant, or are you trying to conceive, or have you not even discussed having kids? How old are you both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyrcorn)
    :lolwut:

You must have a father and two grandfathers. They were 'born into your family'. They're just as related to you as your mother and grandmothers are.
    The sex of the baby is determined by the father anyway, so your family's "trends" (for lack of a better word) won't affect the sex of the kid you (as a female) have. Similarly your mother's genes didn't determine that you're a female.
    Unless I'm missing something major here? You've really baffled me and I'm no biology expert.
    I forgot about my dad, he was born into the family haha. and I got the generation thing wrong, its not 3 generations its liek both sides of the same generation err hard to explain bascially -

Grandparents on both sides - one set had a girl(auntie) and a boy(my dad)
    - other set has a girl (auntie) and another girl (my mum)

bother my aunties got married so my uncles are married into the family and both sets of aunties/uncles have two children, all girls.

my mum and my dad got married and had 3 girls

so yea what i said before wasnt exactly right but either way my family is full of girls haha

ReputationRep:
    OP Be. A. Man

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just not have children ?

Personally I'm not sure atm but I do want a boy. Women are treated badly these days in my opinion and the way a large amount of the girls I know dress and act would really upset me if I had to watch my daughter act the same way.

However I'm sure son's can do stuff that would make you just as ashamed then again I have no idea what your issue is.

In terms of your gf it may be a problem. We can't tell you because we don't know her. If my gf atm told me in five years (too young for kids right now and not sure) that she wanted to only have a certain sex of baby and had a good reason (I'd want to speak to the therapist in the situation) then I would be fine with it.

All I really care about is having a healthy baby so as long as the process of gender selection doesn't affect the health of the child I'm ok with it. I don't see it as playing God. If you really are in a situation where you have to have one sex for some reason then who cares ? Not like many people are in that situation. If I know my gf will be a good mother (which I already do) then I would do this for her.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, right hang on. What you're saying is that it is YOU who want the baby to be a boy for your psychological issues.

I think she SHOULD leave you. You sound like a wierdo who is trying to fix his psychological issues by having a baby. What have you got against having a baby girl anyway? Nutcase.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.