Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do fat young girls even exist? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is something that I've thought for a long time. I don't want to offend anyone though. I'm going to make some sweeping generalisations but bear with me.

Anyway, looks are a lot more important for girls. And figure is pretty much the most important thing for a girl's looks (in my opinion). Sure, you can get ugly girls with really good looking bodies, but it's rare to see a girl so ugly that with a nice body, she would be distinctly unattractive. Most girls with slim bodies who remotely take care of themselves are in the range 6-7/10, i.e. good enough to be a girlfriend.

What I'm trying to say is, the reasons for a girl not to be fat hugely (no pun intended) outweigh the reasons for a girl to be fat. If I was a girl, in the prime of my life somewhere in the region of 16-24 years old, and I was fat, I would simply starve myself and exercise like crazy. What have you got to lose? Some tasty food. What have you got to gain? Let's see, you are more attractive, healthier, be able to get a good looking boyfriend, probably be favoured in the workplace/everyday life, be able to flirt yourself out of any situation involving a male, etc.

There is a girl I know, my age, who would be very pretty, except she weighs about 18 stone. Because of her weight, she's never really experienced boys, has been depressed and performed badly in school, had to hang around with other ugly kids, and when a very ugly boy came along who was actually interested her, she clung onto him like a limpet as she knew he was the only one who would touch her (in the end he simply used her like a ****buddy and got rid). So basically this girl's life is a LOT worse than it would have been if she was slim.. just because she can't stop eating cakes and chocolate for a few months.

Maybe I'm alone in this line of thinking, but the fact that fat girls around my age exist absolutely baffles me, it truly does.

NB: Don't give me **** about having "genetic disorders" or eating disorders. The fact is, if you eat 1000 kcal a day and burn 2000 kcal a day, you are going to lose fat.

ReputationRep:
    Well for starters, maybe they have more pressing priorities than their sex appeal?

ReputationRep:
    Here we go...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    Well for starters, maybe they have more pressing priorities than their sex appeal?
    Yeah, that's why they spend hours plastering themselves in make up and doing their hair/picking their clothes :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    So the life of a women is purely centered around attracting male attention?

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn you a foool.

ReputationRep:
    Meh..

ReputationRep:
    Fat people should be locked up.

Edit: Why the negs? Fatties are a drain on society. Lock 'em up I say, lock 'em up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    This is something that I've thought for a long time. I don't want to offend anyone though. I'm going to make some sweeping generalisations but bear with me.

Anyway, looks are a lot more important for girls. And figure is pretty much the most important thing for a girl's looks (in my opinion). Sure, you can get ugly girls with really good looking bodies, but it's rare to see a girl so ugly that with a nice body, she would be distinctly unattractive. Most girls with slim bodies who remotely take care of themselves are in the range 6-7/10, i.e. good enough to be a girlfriend.

What I'm trying to say is, the reasons for a girl not to be fat hugely (no pun intended) outweigh the reasons for a girl to be fat. If I was a girl, in the prime of my life somewhere in the region of 16-24 years old, and I was fat, I would simply starve myself and exercise like crazy. What have you got to lose? Some tasty food. What have you got to gain? Let's see, you are more attractive, healthier, be able to get a good looking boyfriend, probably be favoured in the workplace/everyday life, be able to flirt yourself out of any situation involving a male, etc.

There is a girl I know, my age, who would be very pretty, except she weighs about 18 stone. Because of her weight, she's never really experienced boys, has been depressed and performed badly in school, had to hang around with other ugly kids, and when a very ugly boy came along who was actually interested her, she clung onto him like a limpet as she knew he was the only one who would touch her (in the end he simply used her like a ****buddy and got rid). So basically this girl's life is a LOT worse than it would have been if she was slim.. just because she can't stop eating cakes and chocolate for a few months.

Maybe I'm alone in this line of thinking, but the fact that fat girls around my age exist absolutely baffles me, it truly does.

NB: Don't give me **** about having "genetic disorders" or eating disorders. The fact is, if you eat 1000 kcal a day and burn 2000 kcal a day, you are going to lose fat.
    Lol u offended all the fat young girls.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, though you phrased it rather antagonistically, I agree with you. It seems an easy advantage for a girl. Control your eating habits and your healthier and your life is both easier and better.
    I think it's a bit shameless to flirt your way out of things but hell I do it all the time with the older ladies so whatever! If you can get away with it..

I may be a bit biased though. I'm a man and have health issues meaning I find it really hard to put on weight. As a man people treat you like a boy if you look slim. If I was a girl I'd be in hot demand. I know I like petite girls. So perhaps a bit of jealousy of that particular gender role..
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team

You really think in a few months she would have been able to half her body weight?!

ReputationRep:
    They do it specifically to piss you off.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you even care about what other people do with their lives?

ReputationRep:
    They cba to exercise. And I am 120% sure about this.

ReputationRep:

The fact is, if you eat 1000 kcal a day and burn 2000 kcal a day, you are going to lose fat.
    True, they would lose weight like that, although if they were only eating 1000kcal and burning that much a day it wouldn't very healthy, I think even if you only cut down your daily calories by like 10-20% you can lose weight without exercise, plus burning 2000 calories would be a nightmare, I exercise for 30 - 45 mins and burn 400-500 calories, who has that much time to for 3-4 exercise apart from atheletes?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    But sometimes people (and I mean both guys and girls) comfort eat due to personal reasons, e.g. family background, loss of someone close to them, that sort of thing. If you asked any fat girl, "would you rather be skinny?" I'd guess that the majority would answer yes, but fact is that there's usually a reason that people overeat aside from the taste of the food itself.

Admittedly, you do get those people who have had a happy life so far but are still overweight, and in those instances I would be more partial to agreeing with your overall sentiment. But to say that all fat girls are only fat because they like the taste of the unhealthy food they're eating is incorrect.

EDIT: Oh, and there's also those who have been brought up in 'fat families' as such, and are fat because of this. Yes, it's easy for us to say, "but it's so easy to lose weight! Just exercise, eat less and more healthily and the pounds will drop off!" But when you've been brought up in an environment that practically induces fattiness (and when you may still be living at home with your fat parents and siblings) it's difficult to combat the fat.

Define "fat".

Because I honestly have no idea what people mean by that word.

Is size 8 "fat"?

ReputationRep:
    If it was as easy as you say, everyone would be thin. I'm overweight and am doing something about it, but it's hard, and there's no way I could have done it before now because it takes a lot of energy, effort and self control.. there are so many things in life that get in the way.

And, for the record, binge eating disorder IS real and it IS dangerous. I never suffered from it myself so I'm not making excuses for me, but people can overeat just as they can undereat if they're anorexic. I'm sure you are thin, have a superfast metabolism and can eat as much as you want without gaining a single pound. I only have to look at a cake and I'll put a stone on! It's not not not not not that easy for everyone.

You can't have a go at me now, as I am trying to change things for myself and have lost 21lbs so far- but please have some thought for those who do struggle with their weight. It's not as simple as you're making out.

ReputationRep:
    Because they like food?

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered that "starving yourself and exercising like crazy" or "stopping eating cakes and chocolate" may not actually cause people to be thin? I know you don't want to hear it, but there are many reasons why some people hold extra weight. Yes, overeating and under-exercising is definitely one, but there's also hypothyroidism, mental issues and things like Polycystic ovary syndrome, which is surprisingly common.

Really, this thread is about the same as me posting one saying "why do below average intelligence people even exist?" (not that I'm saying being over weight is synonymous with below average intelligence AT ALL. I hate that stereotype) And proclaiming that if they just gave up tv for a few weeks and read some books they could get so much further in life. It's just not that simple. And it comes across as quite short sighted to think it is.

Plus, maybe some girls don't want to give up food and exercise like crazy?! Maybe they just want to be happy, and so long as they're healthy, why does it matter? Not everyone is as shallow as you seem to be from your post. I know many overweight girls who have had plenty of partners- sometimes even more than thinner ones! :O Live and let live eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magsam)
    To be honest, though you phrased it rather antagonistically, I agree with you. It seems an easy advantage for a girl. Control your eating habits and your healthier and your life is both easier and better..
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. Just for something so small as eating less, your life can be so much better.. It really does just make me wonder why they do it.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.