Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do fat young girls even exist? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    You really think in a few months she would have been able to half her body weight?!
    with intense training and a fixated diet.
    nothing is impossible dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJane)
    True, they would lose weight like that, although if they were only eating 1000kcal and burning that much a day it wouldn't very healthy, I think even if you only cut down your daily calories by like 10-20% you can lose weight without exercise, plus burning 2000 calories would be a nightmare, I exercise for 30 - 45 mins and burn 400-500 calories, who has that much time to for 3-4 exercise apart from atheletes?
    Of course, it was a very extreme example. But btw, are you aware of passive calorie burning? I.e. just by lying down and breathing you burn around 2000 calories a day or something.

ReputationRep:
    Because cake tastes nicer than being slightly thinner would feel.

ReputationRep:
    You could have worded this more delicately, but I do essentially agree with you, with regard to all fat people - not just females.
    Why is it so hard to just lose the weight, when your life will blatantly be better after you do?
    And it's not just about sex appeal, but health, and generally having an easier and better life.
    There are SOME people who have genuine problems with their weight besides laziness or greediness, but they make up a minority of fat people. Even though they are a minority though you shouldn't make assumptions about all fat people you see just in case they do have a legitimate reason that you don't know about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Yeah, that's why they spend hours plastering themselves in make up and doing their hair/picking their clothes :rofl:
    Fat girls do not spend their money on make-up they spend it on cake. Does a man enjoy eating chocolate as much as a woman?

ReputationRep:
    If being skinny attracts people like you, I'd honestly rather be 'fat'.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Humz7)
    with intense training and a fixated diet.
    nothing is impossible dear.
    No, with an eating disorder losing 9 stone in a few months is possible. There is no way to HEALTHILY lose that much weight over a short period of time.

I'm not fat, nor do I feel anyone without some kind of actual condition should be, but it is hideously unrealistic to force people to starve themselves just to be thin! Losing weight healthily over a longer period of time is the way forward!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Yeah, that's why they spend hours plastering themselves in make up and doing their hair/picking their clothes :rofl:
    Ok, so at 11 stone, I'm probably what you'd call fat.

But the reason you denounce it is as due to sex appeal, which I fully disagree with. I don't care about my attractiveness to the male sex. I don't wear makeup and I literally cannot remember the last time I bought new clothes. I also don't 'do my hair'. Just wash it and leave it to dry naturally- give it a bit of a brush if it looks truly terrifying.

I'm 21, and have never had a boyfriend. It honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest- it never ever has done. I have more important things in life to worry about than if a boy does or does not find me attractive.

I would be more concerned over the health issues as a result of being obese quite frankly.

ReputationRep:
    I WAS EATING CAKE WHEN I READ THIS! now i feel obease. I'm just CHUBBY :'( I promise i'll do something about it..
    .Tomorroww.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    Ok, so at 11 stone, I'm probably what you'd call fat.

But the reason you denounce it is as due to sex appeal, which I fully disagree with. I don't care about my attractiveness to the male sex. I don't wear makeup and I literally cannot remember the last time I bought new clothes. I also don't 'do my hair'. Just wash it and leave it to dry naturally- give it a bit of a brush if it looks truly terrifying.

I'm 21, and have never had a boyfriend. It honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest- it never ever has done. I have more important things in life to worry about than if a boy does or does not find me attractive.

I would be more concerned over the health issues as a result of being obese quite frankly.
    Are you tall?

ReputationRep:
    I realise that my medical condition is rare (congenital hyperinsulinism) but it means that I can't lose weight. I have to eat complex carbohydrates every 2-3 hours, in large quantities, or I get a whole host of lovely, enjoyable mental and physical symptoms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroglycopenia if you'd like a list). Nobody can get thin if they eat an awful lot of food every day. Exercise just means that I have to eat even more to use up the energy I burnt, and if I was thinner, I would be even more prone to faintness and weakness. I honestly have the choice between being healthy but overweight, and being unhealthy but slim. So naturally, I go with the first, and I'm a few pounds overweight.

Even putting medical conditions aside, not everyone is bothered about how attractive other people find them, and how much 'better' someone's life could be if they were thinner is a very subjective measurement.

ReputationRep:
    I have more important things in life to worry about than if a boy does or does not find me attractive.
    Such as?

ReputationRep:
    Let people do what they want. If they want to be fat.. let them be fat? I know plenty of girls who are attractive but don't have "good" bodies and plenty of slim girls who are butt ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Personal question, but are you asexual? :holmes:

I don't think 11 stone is fat anyway - I'd consider myself quite slim if I weighed that little :awesome: But then I am 5'8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel9)
    Are you tall?
    No, I'm about 5ft 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    I realise that my medical condition is rare (congenital hyperinsulinism) but it means that I can't lose weight. I have to eat complex carbohydrates every 2-3 hours, in large quantities, or I get a whole host of lovely, enjoyable mental and physical symptoms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroglycopenia if you'd like a list). Nobody can get thin if they eat an awful lot of food every day. Exercise just means that I have to eat even more to use up the energy I burnt, and if I was thinner, I would be even more prone to faintness and weakness. I honestly have the choice between being healthy but overweight, and being unhealthy but slim. So naturally, I go with the first, and I'm a few pounds overweight.

Even putting medical conditions aside, not everyone is bothered about how attractive other people find them, and how much 'better' someone's life could be if they were thinner is a very subjective measurement.
    Do you get your Macdonalds on the NHS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlobofro)
    Let people do what they want. If they want to be fat.. let them be fat? I know plenty of girls who are attractive but don't have "good" bodies and plenty of slim girls who are butt ugly.
    A fat but pretty girl is a 2/10. An ugly but slim girl is a 6/10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    Well for starters, maybe they have more pressing priorities than their sex appeal?
    For starters, main course and deserts. :rolleyes:

And to answer the OP's question more seriously, it's a socio-economic problem. Often parents can't cook or are not used to doing so or don't have the time etc. etc. so kids get used to snacking on crap. And some parents often don't have a good grasp of nutrition nor know what's best for their family. And it's too easy today to spend time couped up inside rather than doing healthier activities. And school meals have traditionally been shoddy. We all know the reasons.

There needs to be a well devised programme for helping such people, either through central or local government, helping adults as well as their children (though, to be fair, in many areas there probably already is; Salford council, where I live, seems to be doing a lot).

But, of course, all this should be done for the physical and mental health benefits, not primarily to please creeps like you!

ReputationRep:
    And here is the reason why I stopped coming on TSR; every other popular post makes me loathe myself.

I've always been (or at least felt) bigger, and was a size 12 and 5'10" throughout my teens. However, for the last four years I've been suffering from M.E. and have barely been able to live my life because I'm debilitatingly fatigued nearly all the damn time. Taking away my regular exercise has made me a size 16. I hate my body right now, but I am trying. But..OH MY GOD...I've an overweight twenty-year-old at Cambridge who has a boyfriend who will work as a doctor from July who loves me very much. And thinks I'm hot still and has regular sex with me. Shocker. I mean, I shouldn't even exist. I should just hide away until my body's good enough not to revolt the OP, aye?

Stop making these damn threads. Health is very important, yes, but eating 1000 kcal a day is not good or healthy for a young woman, and neither is having body image issues that take over their lives.

Also, why do stupid young a-holes exist? I do wonder, hon.
    For the umpteenth time, women are not on Earth just to look good for you, dear.

ReputationRep:
    Why do judgmental people even exist? Just being nicer to people would improve their lives so much.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.