Turn on thread page Beta

Why do fat young girls even exist? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel9)
    Do you get your Macdonalds on the NHS?
    :facepalm2:

Do you even know what complex carbohydrates are? I can't eat McDonalds. I can't eat fast food of any form (except for 'fast' lasagne, but there's not really anywhere that does pasta-based fast food) because of the levels of sugar in it. I could possibly get by on the chips, but to be honest it would be a risk I wouldn't want to take - food from fast food outlets is too sugary for my system to cope with in 99% of cases, and so I can't eat it. The same goes for alcohol, caffeine and anything with simple sugars in it.

I don't get anything on the NHS either, beyond a load of generic 'eat lots of bread' advice. I don't expect anything other than ignorance about my medical condition as it is pretty rare, but it would be nice if you at least read what you posted before you posted it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    No, I'm about 5ft 6.
    So you're just about right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    A fat but pretty girl is a 2/10. An ugly but slim girl is a 6/10.
    In your opinion. Many others would disagree. (and I do love how personality doesn't even factor into this!)

ReputationRep:
    I don't get how people let themselves get that way in the first place?!
    I mean surely when you break the boundary of say, a size 12 or 14, you'd think, oh maybe I should exercise a bit, or stop stuffing my face so much!
    Fat people make me angry. Especially because I always end up sat next to them on trains or at football matches and all their blubber starts invading my personal space

ReputationRep:
    They exist because its very easy to get fat, and being fat is very common in this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    They cba to exercise. And I am 120% sure about this.
    Definitely this. But if they don't exercise why do they eat so much. I eat loads & do nothing but I can't imagine being obese- phwoar they must a helluvalot :yum: :yum: :yum:

ReputationRep:
    What I'm trying to say is, the reasons for a girl not to be fat hugely (no pun intended) outweigh the reasons for a girl to be fat. If I was a girl, in the prime of my life somewhere in the region of 16-24 years old, and I was fat, I would simply starve myself and exercise like crazy. What have you got to lose? Some tasty food. What have you got to gain? Let's see, you are more attractive, healthier, be able to get a good looking boyfriend, probably be favoured in the workplace/everyday life, be able to flirt yourself out of any situation involving a male, etc.
    Starving yourself isn't healthy. That's why crash dieting is bad for you and often doesn't work.
    Being able to flirt your way out of any situation also requires flirting skills, which are linked more to self confidence and personality than your body.

However, barring health problems that cause weight gain, and possibly some medications that cause a lot of weight gain, I don't think that there is much excuse for long term obesity (as in their weight is causing health problems, not that they're a little overweight).

ReputationRep:
    Most girls with slim bodies who remotely take care of themselves are in the range 6-7/10, i.e. good enough to be a girlfriend.
    sorry but your saying that anyone about a 10 is fat O.o? that is ridiculous. my actual bone structure wont let my fit into size 10 jeans or top, and i am a competitive athlete so there is no way im going to be 'fat' so i can confirm i am 'slim'. your perception of 'fat' seems to be a bit off in that aspect. the only people i know who can fit into 6-7 clothes are about 5' 1'' in height or less lol

ReputationRep:
    Wow there's been like 10 posts in the last 2 minutes. Hot topic.

They just love the cake, they can't help it OP :rolleyes:

It's just a lifestyle choice; most people realise that being slim/healthy gets you further in life than if you were overweight, but it's their choice to make in their lives, not ours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Define "fat".

Because I honestly have no idea what people mean by that word.

Is size 8 "fat"?
    No it is not.
    And it's hard to judge whether a person is fat or not depending on their dress size.
    It's not that simple to say 'oh so and so is a size 14, she's fat'. If they're tall then being a size 8 won't look that healthy.
    I'm sure you can tell when someone is fat by looking at them, it's hard to believe that you don't know what people mean.

ReputationRep:
    Because they have just as much of a reason to exist as you , I and anyone else has. I understand a girl of *ahem* larger proportions may not be aesthetically pleasing to You but they may be the right girl for someone else. Besides I know slim girls are nice and so are fat girls but would you rather a nice fat girl who is nice and is nice to you and stuff or an attractive blonde girl with firm ,large,bouncy breasts , long eyelashes and the most attractive behind you have ever seen .............. and is the biggest ***** you have ever met and only wants a quick shag and a few pics to chuck on her Facebook of you poking her.

If you....

Pardon the Pun

:yeah:

ReputationRep:
    A fat but pretty girl is a 2/10. An ugly but slim girl is a 6/10.
    That's really stupid and shallow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persephone9)
    Starving yourself isn't healthy. That's why crash dieting is bad for you and often doesn't work.
    Like I said, if I was an obese girl in the prime of my life, I wouldn't care. The reasons for not being fat so vastly outweigh the reasons for being fat that I would simply starve myself regardless of any health implications :rofl:

Fat people should go and live in Antarctica for a few months, you always hear of people on Arctic expeditions who lose 5 stone even though they're stuffing themselves all day :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    This is something that I've thought for a long time. I don't want to offend anyone though. I'm going to make some sweeping generalisations but bear with me.

Anyway, looks are a lot more important for girls. And figure is pretty much the most important thing for a girl's looks (in my opinion). Sure, you can get ugly girls with really good looking bodies, but it's rare to see a girl so ugly that with a nice body, she would be distinctly unattractive. Most girls with slim bodies who remotely take care of themselves are in the range 6-7/10, i.e. good enough to be a girlfriend.

What I'm trying to say is, the reasons for a girl not to be fat hugely (no pun intended) outweigh the reasons for a girl to be fat. If I was a girl, in the prime of my life somewhere in the region of 16-24 years old, and I was fat, I would simply starve myself and exercise like crazy. What have you got to lose? Some tasty food. What have you got to gain? Let's see, you are more attractive, healthier, be able to get a good looking boyfriend, probably be favoured in the workplace/everyday life, be able to flirt yourself out of any situation involving a male, etc.

There is a girl I know, my age, who would be very pretty, except she weighs about 18 stone. Because of her weight, she's never really experienced boys, has been depressed and performed badly in school, had to hang around with other ugly kids, and when a very ugly boy came along who was actually interested her, she clung onto him like a limpet as she knew he was the only one who would touch her (in the end he simply used her like a ****buddy and got rid). So basically this girl's life is a LOT worse than it would have been if she was slim.. just because she can't stop eating cakes and chocolate for a few months.

Maybe I'm alone in this line of thinking, but the fact that fat girls around my age exist absolutely baffles me, it truly does.

NB: Don't give me **** about having "genetic disorders" or eating disorders. The fact is, if you eat 1000 kcal a day and burn 2000 kcal a day, you are going to lose fat.
    TBH I don't think girls lose weight to make men think they're more attractive, they do it for their own self-esteem first and foremost as well as for their own health.

It is very sexist of you to think that women lose weight/should lose weight just to be more attractive.

There are lots of overweight boys out there too - why aren't you complaining about them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goerigi)
    sorry but your saying that anyone about a 10 is fat O.o? that is ridiculous. my actual bone structure wont let my fit into size 10 jeans or top, and i am a competitive athlete so there is no way im going to be 'fat' so i can confirm i am 'slim'. your perception of 'fat' seems to be a bit off in that aspect. the only people i know who can fit into 6-7 clothes are about 5' 1'' in height or less lol
    lol, no, not sizes, by 6/10 I mean the arbitrary rating system e.g. "phwoar, she's a solid 9"

ReputationRep:
    While I agree to an extent, we do live in a society plagued by adverts for sugary fattening foods (among other things). We are bombarded with messages about what to buy - and what to eat is one of those, so I don't completely blame the individual for thinking it's normal to eat junk. We have to look at the bigger picture here. I mean just listen to the **** music that's popular nowadays, people are brainwashed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhuTom)
    Wow there's been like 10 posts in the last 2 minutes. Hot topic.

They just love the cake, they can't help it OP :rolleyes:

It's just a lifestyle choice; most people realise that being slim/healthy gets you further in life than if you were overweight, but it's their choice to make in their lives, not ours.
    Fair enough, it really is ridiculous when you think about it though. Many people criticise smokers but the implications for fat girls in particular seem far more than for smokers.

I can only hope that in the 400 or so views, some horrible fatties saw this thread and realised "They're right, I'm losing weight".

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, if I was an obese girl in the prime of my life, I wouldn't care. The reasons for not being fat so vastly outweigh the reasons for being fat that I would simply starve myself regardless of any health implications :rofl:

Fat people should go and live in Antarctica for a few months, you always hear of people on Arctic expeditions who lose 5 stone even though they're stuffing themselves all day :rofl:
    :facepalm2: I'm calling troll. Please? Nobody can be this offensive and misogynistic

ReputationRep:
    well the day i meet a girl who is deliberately fat, i'll show her this thread.
    i guess if u never kno what it's like to be an overweight girl i don't blame u for having ****ed up opinions on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    :facepalm2:

Do you even know what complex carbohydrates are? I can't eat McDonalds. I can't eat fast food of any form (except for 'fast' lasagne, but there's not really anywhere that does pasta-based fast food) because of the levels of sugar in it. I could possibly get by on the chips, but to be honest it would be a risk I wouldn't want to take - food from fast food outlets is too sugary for my system to cope with in 99% of cases, and so I can't eat it. The same goes for alcohol, caffeine and anything with simple sugars in it.

I don't get anything on the NHS either, beyond a load of generic 'eat lots of bread' advice. I don't expect anything other than ignorance about my medical condition as it is pretty rare, but it would be nice if you at least read what you posted before you posted it.
    You have put up with a lot of ignorance with regard to your condition?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.