Turn on thread page Beta

Why do fat young girls even exist? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babes :))
    well the day i meet a girl who is deliberately fat, i'll show her this thread.
    i guess if u never kno what it's like to be an overweight girl i don't blame u for having ****ed up opinions on it.
    Pretty much all fat girls are deliberately fat... they know that eating unhealthily and not exercising is going to cause them to get fatter, yet they make the conscious choice to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel9)
    You have put up with a lot of ignorance with regard to your condition?
    Yes - from your last post, quite aside from anything else

ReputationRep:
    So, OP is implying that girls should lose weight just for guys?
    And what if the person lost the weight for this reason alone, what about self-esteem?

ReputationRep:
    Selkarn sounds like a fatty who complains about girls because he isn't getting any to push the attention away from his own feelings of worthlessness and inadequacy.

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree with the OP.

I don't understand why in the UK it is so acceptable to be obese. For economic reasons alone it must cost the taxpayer millions in medical costs- it is not really any different from someone who smokes.

Back to the original point, I can't see why either sex would ever let themselves get so fat. True, a small minority have medical conditions or whatever, but how hard is it to do some exercise each day or cut down on the crap food they must all eat?

However unfair it is, I'm certain attractive people, which goes usually hand in hand with not being overweight, have better prospects all round- sex wise, career wise and of course health wise. Sort it out fattys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Like I said, if I was an obese girl in the prime of my life, I wouldn't care. The reasons for not being fat so vastly outweigh the reasons for being fat that I would simply starve myself regardless of any health implications :rofl:

Fat people should go and live in Antarctica for a few months, you always hear of people on Arctic expeditions who lose 5 stone even though they're stuffing themselves all day :rofl:
    The reasons for not being obese are being thin, and then health related reasons. It's counterintuitive to lose weight in a way that it unhealthy to prevent health problems from obesity.

Oh, and despite that being a joke it's a terrible idea. When they came back they'd be used to eating more, and gain weight again, probably more than before :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    Because cake tastes nicer than being slightly thinner would feel.
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

I bet if you asked all the chubby girls if they'd like to be slim - but would never be allowed to eat cake or biscuits again - then they'd all do it, because its instant. The problem is that losing weight isn't instant, and it isn't easy. Thats why they don't do it, not because they prefer cake to being a healthy weight.

ReputationRep:
    Because chocolate and cake beats sex.

(Original post by 1.2.3.)
    No it is not.
    And it's hard to judge whether a person is fat or not depending on their dress size.
    It's not that simple to say 'oh so and so is a size 14, she's fat'. If they're tall then being a size 8 won't look that healthy.
    I'm sure you can tell when someone is fat by looking at them, it's hard to believe that you don't know what people mean.
    4'11?

ReputationRep:
    how about we dont choose how we look to please superficial men like yourself? now crawl back under your rock. --im not fat, just hate egotistical superficial men!

ReputationRep:
    current affairs srsly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    4'11?
    Still depends on your build and the shop you get your clothes from because of differences in sizing. But I'd say size at at 4'11 is a pretty average size, and not particularly fat.

ReputationRep:
    Since when did starving yourself/going guy non-stop become healthy? You seem very narrow minded.

It is very easy to gain weight but very difficult to lose it. Some people simply don't have the time to go to the gym everyday. Also some people may lack motivation or are unable to handle the commitment because they may not enjoy going to the gym. Doing something you hate seems like a chore. It takes a long time to lose weight, working out for 6 weeks just lose 7 Ibs seems seems a bit insufficient. These days everything in done in our convenience, instead of walking we decide to take a car, or playing video games rather than playing football outside with the lads.

As human beings, we're all naturally lazy, we'd want to find the quickest, most convenient way to lose weight, I think the demands lipsuction will increase.

All this is coming from a slim person who eats ****, so what would you brand me?

I can understand the reasons as to why a person could be overweight, but morbid obesity is a step too far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJane)
    True, they would lose weight like that, although if they were only eating 1000kcal and burning that much a day it wouldn't very healthy, I think even if you only cut down your daily calories by like 10-20% you can lose weight without exercise, plus burning 2000 calories would be a nightmare, I exercise for 30 - 45 mins and burn 400-500 calories, who has that much time to for 3-4 exercise apart from atheletes?
    So what you are saying is that it would be impossible to burn off 2000 calories a day since you burn off 25% of that amount in less than 3% of the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    4'11?
    I'm not sure what you mean by this - are you asking what would be a reasonable size for this height? Because I don't know - that said, imo, taller people can get away with carrying a few extra pounds more than shorter people can unfortunately . Do you exercise, what's your build etc, as these are all factors that need to be taken into account.

ReputationRep:
    Being fat is hardly ever due to HOW MUCH you eat, it is due to WHAT you eat.

People think they are eating healthily when they really are not. For example, loads of people think pastas, breads and cereals are really healthy when in fact they are VERY calorie dense so should only be eaten in small amounts if you don't have the time to exercise enough to burn those calories off.

ReputationRep:
    Well I once heard an equation that the females invented that might be the solution to the question. Expressed mathematically it boils down to the following theorem.

chocolate $>$ sex

Q.E.D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Yeah, that's why they spend hours plastering themselves in make up and doing their hair/picking their clothes :rofl:
    Yes because
    a) All girls do this and
    b) We don't choose our clothes because we happen to like them or anything. Everything we own is specifically chosen to appeal to men- I find that my favourite woolly cardigan really pulls them in. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Some girls think more about other things than whether you want to **** them.
    a lot of overweight girls comfort eat due to other problems (not just not having you slobbering over them) or are perhaps bullied for something other than their weight, end up eating as comfort and then getting bullied for that creating a vicious circle.
    Or maybe, just maybe, they don't care whether a guy thinks they're attractive or not, they just really like cake.

ReputationRep:
    For the OP and all the others who believe that being thin will automatically make an obese person's life magically better at least in my experience this isn't the case a couple of years ago i lost 75+lbs (healthily...if that matters) but all the issues that caused me to overeat and unhappy were still there. losing weight isn't a magic potion to make your life better/perfect it just makes you able to wear a smaller size unless you tackle the underlying issues and trust me there are.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.