Turn on thread page Beta

Why do fat young girls even exist? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

I bet if you asked all the chubby girls if they'd like to be slim - but would never be allowed to eat cake or biscuits again - then they'd all do it, because its instant. The problem is that losing weight isn't instant, and it isn't easy. Thats why they don't do it, not because they prefer cake to being a healthy weight.
    That's definitely rubbish...made up by some stupid celebrity woman who probably had no sense of smell/taste. I would definitely rather be 20 stone than NEVER eat cake again, and even eating it only once a week is depressing.

ReputationRep:
    Cos it's not that easy for everyone to diet or just lose weight like that... for some it's almost hard genetically (they may naturally lose weight slower or add more fat to their bodies from food), you're coming at the subject quite cynically and negatively, it's not the same for everyone

I can eat loads, junk food food, whatever and take ages to put on weight. Annoying. Anyway being slim is overrated, there are as many body issues and problems with being thin - Being really skinny isn't that attractive imo anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    That's definitely rubbish...made up by some stupid celebrity woman who probably had no sense of smell/taste. I would definitely rather be 20 stone than NEVER eat cake again, and even eating it only once a week is depressing.
    Liar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Liar.
    God you're annoying. You can't call somebody's opinion a lie because it doesn't agree with yours.
    I'm tempted to put on a few stone just in case I'm ever unfortunate enough to come into contact with you, just to make sure you come nowhere near me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm suprised this thread hasn't been removed and the user who started it banned. The comments are made are nothing but discriminatory and narrow minded. You can't be sure why a person is fat. Yes, the obvious is to think they overeat and don't exercise enough but there could be a reason for that, or maybe as you say a genetic disorder. But the fact is girls don't always focus their lives on looking good for males like you. If I had a girlfriend I wouldn't just go for one that is attractive or thin. I would go for someone that I like in terms of personality etc... Why do people like you even breathe? What are you?

ReputationRep:
    Liar.
    Er no, I'm telling the truth. Being thin is great, sure, but I'd be so unhappy if being skinny was at the expense of banning myself enjoying food. Luckily my metabolism is decent, if I did become 20 stone I would probably have to see a hypnotherapist because yes, I love cake that much and couldn't give it up.

Get over yourself, just because you don't see things a certain way doesn't mean everyone else is wrong - I don't understand why some people are how they are, but build a bridge and let it go! People obviously have their reasons/problems, and most of us aren't gonna look a certain way to attract guys...a relationship just based on looks wouldn't work even if being 6 stone got you some fit guy. I'd argue being fat is better in one respect, it acts as a filter for fools.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I don't even know where to begin, but at the very least your post amused me. Seriously, so many other things come into it. Life isn't all about weight and our appearance... at least, it shouldn't be. Otherwise I'd find life a lot more depressing than I currently do (and it's already not that rosy).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duckasaurus)
    Have you considered that "starving yourself and exercising like crazy" or "stopping eating cakes and chocolate" may not actually cause people to be thin? I know you don't want to hear it, but there are many reasons why some people hold extra weight. Yes, overeating and under-exercising is definitely one, but there's also hypothyroidism, mental issues and things like Polycystic ovary syndrome, which is surprisingly common.

Really, this thread is about the same as me posting one saying "why do below average intelligence people even exist?" (not that I'm saying being over weight is synonymous with below average intelligence AT ALL. I hate that stereotype) And proclaiming that if they just gave up tv for a few weeks and read some books they could get so much further in life. It's just not that simple. And it comes across as quite short sighted to think it is.

Plus, maybe some girls don't want to give up food and exercise like crazy?! Maybe they just want to be happy, and so long as they're healthy, why does it matter? Not everyone is as shallow as you seem to be from your post. I know many overweight girls who have had plenty of partners- sometimes even more than thinner ones! :O Live and let live eh?

Despite being more on your side of this argument, it's bull**** to state that the vast majority of fatties are in their current position because of uncontrollable medical conditions.

Most fat people simply consume more calories than they burn. That's it.

ReputationRep:
    It all sounds so easy in your ****ed-up, stupid, misogynist ignorant world doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJane)
    True, they would lose weight like that, although if they were only eating 1000kcal and burning that much a day it wouldn't very healthy, I think even if you only cut down your daily calories by like 10-20% you can lose weight without exercise, plus burning 2000 calories would be a nightmare, I exercise for 30 - 45 mins and burn 400-500 calories, who has that much time to for 3-4 exercise apart from atheletes?
    I think the burning 2000 calories probably refers to your basal metabolic rate - how much energy your body uses to just stay alive every day (closer to 1500 in normal women, but then add on normal walking about the place and maybe some exercise, brings it up to burning 2000 calories)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Define "fat".

Because I honestly have no idea what people mean by that word.

Is size 8 "fat"?
    yeh size 8 is fat. i think it's disgusting people let themselves get to be that size tbh :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Despite being more on your side of this argument, it's bull**** to state that the vast majority of fatties are in their current position because of uncontrollable medical conditions.

Most fat people simply consume more calories than they burn. That's it.
    I agree, and I wasn't saying the majority of overweight people had medical conditions. Just trying to demonstrate that the sweeping generalizations the OP was making were utter bullpoo. Yes, most fat people simply consume more calories than they burn. But you have to consider that people's BMR and RMR vary. Meaning it's much more easy for some people to eat more calories than they burn, and much harder for others to do the same. Should they be aware of this, and ensure they don't become dangerously overweight? Yes, of course. Again, I'll admit that some fat people don't have this problem. They have a perfectly normal metabolism but eat too much and move too little. The reasons for being overweight are enormously varied, the OP shouldn't automatically blame people for being overweight without knowing the facts behind it (and neither should society tbh, but that's another debate) and that was kind of the point I was trying to make in my post

But I don't see how young girls should be harassed about their weight when they're perfectly healthy, and when they're being given terrible advice on how to loose it. Tbh I think this is quite an irresponsible thread. For anyone with eating disorders, this kind of horrible rhetoric is probably quite triggering. Saying that if they're fat they'll never be attractive (or more than a 2/10 :rolleyes:) and they should starve themselves to be thin, and consider nothing else as important as snagging a man and being thin in their lives, is nasty, horrible ****e. At least in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    FFS As long as someone is healthy and happy in themselves, why should anyone else be getting stressed about their weight? The most attractive thing about anyone is confidence and not being a shallow, misogynistic prick.

And people who use their looks to get ahead don't deserve to get ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Erm.... maybe they are happy? Just because you don't find it attractive doesn't mean they are unhappy with their size.

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** is not any different for men?
    At least when a girl is overweight some people (although I don't agree with it) will describe her as 'curvy'
    When a man is overweight, he's just fat....

(Original post by Bellissima)
    yeh size 8 is fat. i think it's disgusting people let themselves get to be that size tbh :rolleyes:
    Oh right, so ideally, what size should I be then?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    This is something that I've thought for a long time. I don't want to offend anyone though. I'm going to make some sweeping generalisations but bear with me.

Anyway, looks are a lot more important for girls. And figure is pretty much the most important thing for a girl's looks (in my opinion). Sure, you can get ugly girls with really good looking bodies, but it's rare to see a girl so ugly that with a nice body, she would be distinctly unattractive. Most girls with slim bodies who remotely take care of themselves are in the range 6-7/10, i.e. good enough to be a girlfriend.

What I'm trying to say is, the reasons for a girl not to be fat hugely (no pun intended) outweigh the reasons for a girl to be fat. If I was a girl, in the prime of my life somewhere in the region of 16-24 years old, and I was fat, I would simply starve myself and exercise like crazy. What have you got to lose? Some tasty food. What have you got to gain? Let's see, you are more attractive, healthier, be able to get a good looking boyfriend, probably be favoured in the workplace/everyday life, be able to flirt yourself out of any situation involving a male, etc.

There is a girl I know, my age, who would be very pretty, except she weighs about 18 stone. Because of her weight, she's never really experienced boys, has been depressed and performed badly in school, had to hang around with other ugly kids, and when a very ugly boy came along who was actually interested her, she clung onto him like a limpet as she knew he was the only one who would touch her (in the end he simply used her like a ****buddy and got rid). So basically this girl's life is a LOT worse than it would have been if she was slim.. just because she can't stop eating cakes and chocolate for a few months.

Maybe I'm alone in this line of thinking, but the fact that fat girls around my age exist absolutely baffles me, it truly does.

NB: Don't give me **** about having "genetic disorders" or eating disorders. The fact is, if you eat 1000 kcal a day and burn 2000 kcal a day, you are going to lose fat.
    You could say the same for 'fat young guys' to be honest. :dontknow:

It's not as if girls are the only gender that cares about how they look.

And to be honest, girls' lives are NOT always revolved around boys.

A lot of girls look better when they are a bit chubby or even fat.

I don't think beign thin means 'good looking', not at all.

And to be honest, how do you know that that girl in the story got it on with the guy because she thought he will be the only guy to touch her?

Maybe at the tiem they really really like each other? .... Most girls I know who became a f*ck buddy for a guy ARE thin.

I dont even know why i should be commenting on other people's life.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    i was being sarcastic...

size 8 is fine as long as you aren't undereating, size 16 is the heaviest without being unhealthy.

8-12 is average. under 8 is UNHEALTHY, unless you're naturally that thin, which most aren't.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Size 2. OP might fall in love with you.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.