Turn on thread page Beta

Why do fat young girls even exist? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Oh right, so ideally, what size should I be then?
    I'd say a zero at the very most. But tbh, that's still a bit of a heffer. D'you think you could be really dedicated and get down to minus figures? That's what girls should be really. I'd say a -4 would maybe get you to a 9/10? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean, but it's not as easy to lose weight as you think. Yeah, wanting to look good is important to pretty much every girl (and boy, I imagine), but getting there isn't so easy.

"I'll start on Monday" is the mantra of every woman who's planning to diet. And funnily enough, Monday comes and goes and nada.

I guess some people just can't be bothered and others just think, "well, what the heck, if someone can't appreciate me for being a size 14, then why should I bother to mould myself into something I'm not? Pass another cookie!"

And then, of course, there are those (of both sexes) who are in complete denial.

I have to disagree though - there are some people who have nice bodies but are really unattractive. And funnily enough, more often than not, that's caused by trying to look attractive - i.e. too much make-up, over styling of hair, horrendously cheap clothing (and by that, I don't mean un-expensive, but '****gy') etc. I'm actually in two minds about whether I'd rather a girl be slightly overweight than have a nice body but otherwise very unattractive.

Also, by your reasoning, why are there any very thin young girls left in the world, because that's often just as unattractive as being overweight?

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that starving yourself doesn't work right? The body holds on to the fat it has, and even if one did lose weight by doing this, it would go straight back on once they started eating again.

(Original post by Bellissima)
    i was being sarcastic...

size 8 is fine as long as you aren't undereating, size 16 is the heaviest without being unhealthy.

8-12 is average. under 8 is UNHEALTHY, unless you're naturally that thin, which most aren't.
    I'm size 8 and I do under eat - but I'm not as slim as people down the street. (In terms of legs).

My legs are just slightly bigger than this:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Define "fat".

Because I honestly have no idea what people mean by that word.

Is size 8 "fat"?
    Your phat!!

ReputationRep:
    lose weight or lose all
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Duckasaurus)
    I'd say a zero at the very most. But tbh, that's still a bit of a heffer. D'you think you could be really dedicated and get down to minus figures? That's what girls should be really. I'd say a -4 would maybe get you to a 9/10? :rolleyes:
    Hey, I dont really get this yeah.. but what does it mean when you say '9/10' ... ?

Sorry I am so stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    This is something that I've thought for a long time. I don't want to offend anyone though. I'm going to make some sweeping generalisations but bear with me.

Anyway, looks are a lot more important for girls. And figure is pretty much the most important thing for a girl's looks (in my opinion). Sure, you can get ugly girls with really good looking bodies, but it's rare to see a girl so ugly that with a nice body, she would be distinctly unattractive. Most girls with slim bodies who remotely take care of themselves are in the range 6-7/10, i.e. good enough to be a girlfriend.

What I'm trying to say is, the reasons for a girl not to be fat hugely (no pun intended) outweigh the reasons for a girl to be fat. If I was a girl, in the prime of my life somewhere in the region of 16-24 years old, and I was fat, I would simply starve myself and exercise like crazy. What have you got to lose? Some tasty food. What have you got to gain? Let's see, you are more attractive, healthier, be able to get a good looking boyfriend, probably be favoured in the workplace/everyday life, be able to flirt yourself out of any situation involving a male, etc.

There is a girl I know, my age, who would be very pretty, except she weighs about 18 stone. Because of her weight, she's never really experienced boys, has been depressed and performed badly in school, had to hang around with other ugly kids, and when a very ugly boy came along who was actually interested her, she clung onto him like a limpet as she knew he was the only one who would touch her (in the end he simply used her like a ****buddy and got rid). So basically this girl's life is a LOT worse than it would have been if she was slim.. just because she can't stop eating cakes and chocolate for a few months.

Maybe I'm alone in this line of thinking, but the fact that fat girls around my age exist absolutely baffles me, it truly does.

NB: Don't give me **** about having "genetic disorders" or eating disorders. The fact is, if you eat 1000 kcal a day and burn 2000 kcal a day, you are going to lose fat.
    Not everyone is far due to overeating...
    One of my close friends is size 18 and eats less than me, and much healthier! The rest of her family are all very slim so it's clearly not something in the family diet.

ReputationRep:
    I do get what the OP means though - there was a very overweight girl at my school (I think over 16 stone) and she was bullied for it when she was younger and now tends to regard anyone who tries to be nice to her with extreme suspicion and disdain. She does come from a family with obese parents and one sister, but also has a brother and sister who have perfectly healthy bodyweights. She has also been educated many times about balanced diets and healthy eating etc - all of our school was, and while I can appreciate that she might not get fed well at home, 2 of her siblings managed to stay healthy, and every day she walked to and from the train station (a good half mile) but undid any good this might have done as she always bought a packet of sweets whenever she went past the station shop in either direction.

I don't think that everyone should be skinny, but in cases like these where all anyone has to do is cut out the 2 packs of sweets a day and possibly try to eat slightly more healthily at home, there really isn't much excuse for weighing so much. It might take years to lose much weight at that rate, but every little helps.

ReputationRep:
    Will power has a lot to do with it. It's simply much easier to carry doing the same thing than completely change your diet and start exercising.

The hardest bit is starting though, after that it's a breeze IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I'm size 8 and I do under eat - but I'm not as slim as people down the street. (In terms of legs).

My legs are just slightly bigger than this:

Spoiler:
    Show
    you really are a big ball of insecurity aren't you? you really need to eat normally, your legs are FINE, i have bigger legs that that, i'm size 10 so they are probably bigger than yours and i'm 100% HAPPY with them, i love my legs, even though i'm a shorty. you need to eat normally, and if you really want to stay the same size excersise more. do not lose more weight. if your legs are like hers/slightly bigger then you have great legs.

how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    Personal question, but are you asexual? :holmes:

I don't think 11 stone is fat anyway - I'd consider myself quite slim if I weighed that little :awesome: But then I am 5'8.

No, not at all. I find men attractive and would at least want to experience a relationship at some stage in my life, but as I've said, its not a concern for me right now and I don't feel I'm in a postion where a relationship would be workable.

ReputationRep:

Are you kidding? Sorry but unless you look like this, then you just ain't hot:

She's a 10/10 for sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    Hey, I dont really get this yeah.. but what does it mean when you say '9/10' ... ?

Sorry I am so stupid.
    It's ok I was being deeply sarcastic, the OP discusses how he ranks women out of 10- presumably 0 being utterly terrible and 10 being amazing. Thus the 9/10 remark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    That's definitely rubbish...made up by some stupid celebrity woman who probably had no sense of smell/taste. I would definitely rather be 20 stone than NEVER eat cake again, and even eating it only once a week is depressing.
    Kate Moss was merely quoting it, the saying has been around in magazines and such since the 1980's.
    And really, its true - most fat people would feel better if they were slim and looked good/were healthy than the happiness they get from eating crap.
    ... If you're being honest i'm astounded that you'd put your health at risk so much just for cake.

ReputationRep:
    Eating 1000 calories a day while burning 2000 calories a day...is the OP trying to promote eating disorers or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    Are you kidding? Sorry but unless you look like this, then you just ain't hot:

She's a 10/10 for sure
    Bah! Are you kidding me?! There's FAT on her BREASTS! What a HEIFER. Someone needs to step AWAY FROM THE BISCUIT TIN.

ReputationRep:
    Lol.. aha...

You really think that a thin woman can just be treated better at work or even 'flirt herself out of a situation with a male'?

Bull****. That wouldn't work in my workplace. I think it says far more about your male acquaintances than the reality.

(Original post by Bellissima)
    you really are a big ball of insecurity aren't you? you really need to eat normally, your legs are FINE, i have bigger legs that that, i'm size 10 so they are probably bigger than yours and i'm 100% HAPPY with them, i love my legs, even though i'm a shorty. you need to eat normally, and if you really want to stay the same size excersise more. do not lose more weight. if your legs are like hers/slightly bigger then you have great legs.

how tall are you and how much do you weigh?
    Hmm, but ideally I would love legs like these:

I'm 4'11 or 150cm, and I weigh 52.2kg.

Ideally I'd like to lose 10kg.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's ok I was being deeply sarcastic, the OP discusses how he ranks women out of 10- presumably 0 being utterly terrible and 10 being amazing. Thus the 9/10 remark.
    Ahhhh....

I got it. To be honest, many girls look better when they are fat/chubby than they would if they were thin. :P

Thin =/= Good looking.

OP is a douche.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.