Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Mr Mime)
    I live in Mason at the moment. It is safe, but like all the other halls it'll be noisy on popular student nights. I haven't got any pictures uploaded right now, but there are "virtual tours" on the university website (http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students...alls/vale.aspx). Mason is nice, the kitchen is very large and the furnishings are modern. The rooms aren't massive but they're fine for most people, and the location is right at the front of the Vale. The rooms are expensive, but the average price for accomodation at Birmingham is quite high and the difference between a room for Mason and one for Shackleton is very small. I'd say the downsides would be that the showers are wetrooms, and so if you're unlucky you may have a flooding shower. Also the ensuite and wardrobe share a sliding door. I'd have also preferred it if they gave us some shelves, as the cabinets they provide aren't the biggest. Overall its a nice friendly place to be in, most people aren't snobbish at all and the atmosphere is generally relaxed and pleasant.
    Thanks a lot! I was a bit worried after all those comments that I read about the residence. I have applied for an ensuite bedroom and I will be self-catered.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.