Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i was on a bus recently and some group of guys about 16-17 came and sat down beside me. i had tight leggings on and got up to leave and then i heard them shouting behind me 'disgusting eww'... this has never happened me before , i usually get complemented and chatted up by guys, and was only chatted up by a guy a day previous. It really got me down.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure they said it about you? Maybe they didn't think you were disgusting, but thought your clothes were....don't let it get you down.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be down about a few idiots on a bus, seriously.
    Just forget about that and and take the fact that you are usually complimented as a sign that those guys were just prats.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get down about the words of a few idiots. I'm sure most of us have been insulted at one stage or another, don't take it to heart. If you're usually complimented, you clearly have nothing to worry about! I know it can hurt when people say stuff like that, but try not to dwell on it, forget them! :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    if only my life was as trivial as yours, instead of being filled with real problems.

ReputationRep:
    Your not one of them fat girls that wears jeggings are you? Never gonna understand that one!

Seriously tho, who cares, your never gonna see them again and its not gonna change your life, forget about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia(:)
    if only my life was as trivial as yours, instead of being filled with real problems.
    Last time I checked, the world didn't revolve around you :hand:
    I'll do you a favour though; you create a thread about your problems, and I'll put a dampener on it just as you've done on this one. Sound good? Awesome.

OP: You sure you didn't have a stain on you or anything? Melted chocolate that could've been misconstrued as something else, etc.

It's probable that they weren't even talking about you anyway, maybe one of them had just picked a whopper from his nose and wiped it on the window :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Man, today this site is just infested with whiny, oversensitive people.

Maybe they weren't talking about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Last time I checked, the world didn't revolve around you :hand:
    I'll do you a favour though; you create a thread about your problems, and I'll put a dampener on it just as you've done on this one. Sound good? Awesome.
    Last time I checked, I didn't at any point imply that the world revolved around me?
    And all I'm saying is that she would do better not to be so shallow and worry about what complete strangers think of her, as 1. they are probably ass holes and 2. she will lead a rather miserable life if she does.

Some people on here want help with actual problems, and not silly whims like 'some guys on the bus didnt like what i was wearing and now im feeling depressed'. Image isn't everything, and besides, if she usually gets chatted up by guys she should have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I checked, I didn't at any point imply that the world revolved around me?
    "My problems are worse than yours" is essentially what you said. Judging by the post I quoted, you clearly think yourself more worthy of a thread than the OP is.

And all I'm saying is that she would do better not to be so shallow and worry about what complete strangers think of her, as 1. they are probably ass holes and 2. she will lead a rather miserable life if she does.

Some people on here want help with actual problems, and not silly whims like 'some guys on the bus didnt like what i was wearing and now im feeling depressed'. Image isn't everything, and besides, if she usually gets chatted up by guys she should have nothing to worry about.
    None of that was implicit in what you said at all :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    "My problems are worse than yours" is essentially what you said. Judging by the post I quoted, you clearly think yourself more worthy of a thread than the OP is.

None of that was implicit in what you said at all :teehee:
    Well lets be honest, any number of people on here have bigger problems than that, i was putting it into perspective. If i thought i was more important, I would surely start rambling on about my own problems, as they are more worthy of help, no?

Once again, I did not say that my point was implied in the first post. I was merely saying it then. And like I said, she would benefit from not caring what people she doesn't know think of her.

ReputationRep:
    Well lets be honest, any number of people on here have bigger problems than that, i was putting it into perspective. If i thought i was more important, I would surely start rambling on about my own problems, as they are more worthy of help, no?
    Not really. Simply pointing them out is enough.

Once again, I did not say that my point was implied in the first post. I was merely saying it then. And like I said, she would benefit from not caring what people she doesn't know think of her.
    "And all I'm saying is..."

You're going to lose this one.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Simply pointing them out is enough.

"All I was saying was..."

You're going to lose this one.
    I believe if you read it, i put All I'm saying is.. I'm being I AM, not i was. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Nice edit there drunk punx find a fault in your arguments?

ReputationRep:
    I believe if you read it, i put All I'm saying is.. I'm being I AM, not i was. :rolleyes:
    I edited it too late, but the point still stands.

Splitting hairs is the sign of a person who is losing the argument, but seeing as I'm losing interest in this then it makes no neverminds.

Edit (your own fault that I'm editing this, that last comment of yours was unnecessary): You said "All I'm saying is" without actually saying anything prior to that, leading me to believe that you were referring to your 1st post (the one I initially commented on), which (we're going in circles now) has nothing to do with anything you said in the second post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonski)
    Your not one of them fat girls that wears jeggings are you? Never gonna understand that one!

Seriously tho, who cares, your never gonna see them again and its not gonna change your life, forget about it
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    OP, the real issue is'nt that SOME RANDOM guy might of said something negative about you. The real issue is why are you feeling so hurt because of SOME RANDOM GUY? If you wore something thinking it looks nice and someone else does'nt agree, then that means they have different tastes, it's what makes the world... interesting. You can't impress everyone...

ReputationRep:
    They were being idiots and childish ignore them, you're not going to see them again so just forget about it

ReputationRep:
    I edited it too late, but the point still stands.

Splitting hairs is the sign of a person who is losing the argument, but seeing as I'm losing interest in this then it makes no neverminds.
    I did not split hairs, I just said that it wasn't implied in my first post. You were the one so determined to embarrass me. I'm sorry you were wrong, but you brought it on yourself.
    And yes, I would go and help someone with a more serious problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Know_ThySelf)
    OP, the real issue is'nt that SOME RANDOM guy might of said something negative about you. The real issue is why are you feeling so hurt because of SOME RANDOM GUY? If you wore something thinking it looks nice and someone else does'nt agree, then that means they have different tastes, it's what makes the world... interesting. You can't impress everyone...
    i agree with this!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.