Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sex before marriage is always wrong. Watch

• View Poll Results: Sex before Marriage is always wrong. Do you agree or disagree?
    Agree
    17.69%
    Disagree
    82.31%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GwrxVurfer)
    There's a lot of principles that we had in the Victorian era that we also hold on to now. And it really is an individual choice.

A devout Christian couple will most probably believe in no sex before marriage. An Atheist couple will probably believe it's fine to have sex before marriage. Given that we are supposed to be a free society where all people are free to have different beliefs, I don't think any of these couples should be criticized. There is no right answer.

I believe that sex before marriage is fine, but I don't criticize those who disagree.
    Most Christian couples would probably not hold onto that tradition nowadays.

I do believe in a free society and I have always believed that the sex lives of consenting adults is nobody's business, I don't think I have given an impression to the contrary. I simply expressed my belief that it's silly in this day and age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wactm)
    Even religous people should see the flaw in their argument that it is wrong? I'm pretty sure Adam and Eve couldnt get married yet they had sex?

hurr durr
    I can see you have no idea what you're talking about. Adam and Eve existed in Eden before the covenant of marriage was formed, so there was no such thing as adultery, fornication, sodomy, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I advocate the sanctity of marriage, so I therefore say yes - sex before marriage is wrong. It has nothing to do with it being practical or not; it is a personal decision which people should respect, just as I respect others' opinions on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GwrxVurfer)
    And by a free society, you would accept that any couple has the right to retain the "no sex before marriage" principle, even though you've made it quite clear that you think it's silly?
    Of course, that's what I just said. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It's just people's opinion really

ReputationRep:
    Test driving a car before buying it is always wrong.

Same principle.

ReputationRep:
    People these days have an awful sense of wrong or right. Personally I believe It's ok as long as it's for love.

Although if you're looking at it from a Christian point of view, sex between ANYONE who hasn't been married in the eyes of God, is insulting God by having sex.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who agrees with that statement is a self-hating religious nutbag.

Neg me all you want, but you know its true...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.