Turn on thread page Beta

Sex before marriage is always wrong. watch

• View Poll Results: Sex before Marriage is always wrong. Do you agree or disagree?
    Agree
    17.69%
    Disagree
    82.31%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammydemon)
    That doesn't mean you have to be married though does it?
    ...I think that was her point, mate.

ReputationRep:
    As a muslim, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    ...I think that was her point, mate.
    Fair enough. Though you could say why do you have to be in a loving relationship if it is purely an act of selfish lust that can be enjoyed by both parties?

Mate.

ReputationRep:
    No, but it usually/often is.

*Anticipates arghhhh-conservative-social-opinions-make-me-angry neg*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Can't decide whether the sentence 'sex before marriage is always wrong' offends me or just makes me want to go have sex.
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    Marriage is unnecessary in todays society.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. Though you could say why do you have to be in a loving relationship if it is purely an act of selfish lust that can be enjoyed by both parties?

Mate.
    Don't think she ever said that it's an act of selfish lust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesar Lecat)
    As a muslim, yes.
    But as somebody who actually thinks outside of the arbitrary constraints of their religion your answer would be "no"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    No, but it usually/often is.

*Anticipates arghhhh-conservative-social-opinions-make-me-angry neg*
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't mean you have to be married though does it?
    I never said you have to be married I was answering the title. I meant No, sex before marriage is not always wrong, but being in a relationship where you trust the person is fine.

ReputationRep:
    But as somebody who actually thinks outside of the arbitrary constraints of their religion your answer would be "no"?
    No.

ReputationRep:

Mate.
    THIS. Although most girls (and guys actually tbf) that I know disagree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Don't think she ever said that it's an act of selfish lust.
    I am now speaking as though the aforementioned "Sex before marriage" is exactly that.

There is no reason why you should have to be in a loving relationship in order to have sexual intercourse.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I don't know.

I'm torn between my Church - which says fornication is wrong. But I'm not sure if fornication could mean sleeping around recklessly, or just all extra-marital sex.

To be honest I think sex is something primarily for a loving relationship - it's not something that you just do with anyone and everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverGold)
    A relationship is not just based on sex that's what friends with benefits is for.
    A mature relationship is more than physical and should depend on other factors in my opinion.
    If I don't get on with someone on a communication, intellectual level but the sex is good I wouldn't stay with them.

It's like saying If the my partner isn't good looking than the relationship will fail because I'll end up with ugly children. :rolleyes:

And only because someone has a **** in their vagina doesn't mean they are good at it there's loads of people that have multiple partners and lay like a sack of potatoes in bed. If someone is doing something wrong in the bedroom it's because of lack of communication in the relationship how would your partner know they aren't satisfying you if you don't say anything and end the relationship without working out the problems first it's like giving up before it's even started. :confused:
    Did I say a relationship was based on sex? No. I said it's the glue that holds the relationship together, and that is true. Generally if you have chemistry in bed then you will be stronger overall, as being sexually frustrated with someone impacts every other aspect of your relationship.

I have had sex before marriage and can account firmly that sometimes you just don't and never will get on well with someone in bed, regardless of how much you communicate. You can't change what turns you on and some people can't change their style of having sex. On the other hand, my partner is so in tune with my body and has been from day one, we've never needed to communicate to improve our sex life because we are so in tune with each other naturally. We are turned on by the same things. You can't put a price on that chemistry, and I highly doubt regardless of how much you communicate you can get that 'click' with someone who doesn't turn you on in bed to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnicare)
    No.
    Excellent reasoning, fellow. I wholeheartedly agree with your standpoint.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent reasoning, fellow. I wholeheartedly agree with your standpoint.
    Thanks.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Probably not. But that's the thing. I believe in my religion so I follow the rules it has set down. If you believe in something, you follow it.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think that's a bit of an outdated principle, particularly as the average marital age is getting higher and higher. If it's against your religious/moral beliefs, then I'm absolutely fine with that, but if you don't have a problem with pre-marital sex then it's really not up to anybody else to dictate what you should or shouldn't do with your body.

ReputationRep:
    And sex after marriage is always right, even if it's not the person you're married to?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.