Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheap car insurance my ass. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MishMash1)
    try insurethebox. they dont come up on conparison sites. but sometimes they are really good.

the only downside to insuremybox is that it has a limit of 6000 miles. after that i think you can pay as u go or if u drive sensibly, you can earn more miles.

when i say drive sensibly, its because they fit the car with a tracker (free) so they can actually measure your speed and distance travelled.

again get a quote from http://www.insurethebox.com/getaquote
    Are you with them? I've seen a few insurance companies doing stuff like this, and I was wondering how it works for you? I know that co-op are doing it where they review your driving after 90days (so I think you pay every 90days?).

(Original post by AgentSushi)
    HaHa im not fronting. The cars in my dads name, I still live at home and we use the car about half/half, dad proberly uses it more. Even if this was deemend fronting which it isn't how on earth would they find out, everything is in my dads name and all bills refering to the car are either payed in cash or on my dads card e.g. petrol.
    Regardless of your circumstances having your dad as the main driver will reduce the premiums, so it isn't comparable to someone who's putting themselves down as the main driver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Are you with them? I've seen a few insurance companies doing stuff like this, and I was wondering how it works for you? I know that co-op are doing it where they review your driving after 90days (so I think you pay every 90days?).
    nope im not with them but a friend of mine is. He pays full at start or u could pay monthly. within the first week, they come and fit a tracker into ur car. the main reason for the tracker is to measure the miles ur driving. the normal limit is 6000 miles. if they realise ur a good driver, ie not speed etc, they reward you with extra miles free.

I personally believe if an accident is to occur and you were over the speed limit, they may try and use this against you and reject a claim from you. But thats just me
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Give AdrianFluxx a go mate.

ReputationRep:
    That's awful.

Where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dpdr)
    Give AdrianFluxx a go mate.
    Adrian Flux will insure anything, but usually at your expense. They were pretty much the only company to give me a quote for a modified 1.8L Sierra, but it was about 4 or 5 grand.

The fact that you live in London will be what's screwing you over. Move to an A-rated post code (like moi) and pretty cheap insurance is easy. I was quoted just under a grand fully comp for a 1990 2.5TD Land Rover Defender by Cornish Mutual. Go figure.

ReputationRep:
    Imo, comparison websites are ****.
    I got quoted over 2 grand on all of em pretty much. Then i did it individually on tesco website and got quoted 1.2k with full breakdown cover etc in there.

ReputationRep:
    Even now on a Co-op young drivers policy I put in a V reg Polo 1.0 litres with me as main driver and my parents as named and the quote came out as £2200 and on Admiral £7700 and that's without me as the main driver. What type of s*** is this?

ReputationRep:
    omg tell me about it. im 25, a financial consultant livign in a good area, but £4k insurance for a smArt car. that is twice the price of the car itself. i dont know what to do. i have no parents or anything to be a named driver

ReputationRep:
    I am 20 years old, in an S Reg Land Rover (1978, yes seventy eight not ninety eight), 2.25 litres me as the main driver, dad as a secondary.

£500

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.