Turn on thread page Beta

Which fitness magazine is best Men's Health or Men's Fitness watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

Basically I have never really been one to go to the gym and prefer going running/swimming/football or doing body weight workouts!! :laugh: I have recently been looking at local gyms though as I want to bulk up A LITTLE and get more toned!! :dumbells:

Thing is I would have absolutely no idea where to start so I was wondering which magazine is best for workouts etc... Men's Health or Men's Fitness!?! I have been looking on both websites and Men's Fitness seems to be better in my opinion but all my mates have Mens Health and swear by it!! What do you think?

If anyone knows any other magazines or good workouts... I am open to any suggestions!! (not bothered about body building)

Cheers Curt

Lol.

Ignore both, read the stickies and save your money.

Read this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=721990 and google starting strength wiki

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by currtbenton)
    Hi Everyone,

Basically I have never really been one to go to the gym and prefer going running/swimming/football or doing body weight workouts!! :laugh: I have recently been looking at local gyms though as I want to bulk up A LITTLE and get more toned!! :dumbells:

Thing is I would have absolutely no idea where to start so I was wondering which magazine is best for workouts etc... Men's Health or Men's Fitness!?! I have been looking on both websites and Men's Fitness seems to be better in my opinion but all my mates have Mens Health and swear by it!! What do you think?

If anyone knows any other magazines or good workouts... I am open to any suggestions!! (not bothered about body building)

Cheers Curt
    They are both a waste of time, read stuff on here or buy a book. All magazines do are drip feed you with information, most of it is useless

Edit: Read these

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1082216

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1238955

a lot of information to be gained from these

ReputationRep:
    Neither they both suck. Usually written by phags who don't even work out.

Or will prescribe the 'new workout' or 'ten tips for abs' etc etc etc - all bull - you eat well, train hard - most of the stuff in there is a waste of time.

The stuff in the studentforum thread is alright - some is good, most is basics and a lot is quite airy fairy and useless - but better than reading those magazines. Bodybuilding.com articles are good - just beware of taking too much advice from people on steroids - look at people like layne norton who are natural. If you want to bulk up, starting strength with additional exercises or westside - anything where you're doing 3 full body workouts each week is best - as a beginner you recover quickly.

ReputationRep:
    One is gay, the other is gayer - make your own choice at which you believe is which

ReputationRep:
    You gotta admit though, they have a guy showing his air brushed abs and they carry slogans such as "GET THIS 6 PACK NOW!". Literally every issue of either one.

ReputationRep:
    Playboy is good for the arms.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.