Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have some kind of dilemma

I am a student from Northern Europe and I am choosing where to take my MSc in Finance studies(St Andrews, Glasgow, Durham, Warwick, LUND university).

Couple of days ago I got the offer from LUND university in Sweden to study MSc in Finance (one year). The most interesting fact that tuition fee is 0

As LUND is stated to be as one of the most prestigious universities in Northern Europe, is it good enough if I want to continue my career in London or UAE in investment banking or consultancy?

My employment experience is not superbly great great, nevertheless, I had investment banking internship in Investment banking boutique here in Northern Europe.

Thank You for your opinions in advance.

ReputationRep:
    In my honest opinon Warwick is the only decent university in your list. I never really heard of LUND university before you posted it here. Just did some research and it looks quite demanding taking into account that just five percent of all the applications recieve an offer. The other universities are known, but do not have an reputation like Warwick.. In case your a Swede yourself, I think it might be important to change the country in case you want to work after your study time abroad..

ReputationRep:
    I grew up in Lund and lived there til after Secondary School when I moved to London

Lund is a very prestegious university mostly known for it's Engineering and Medical studies although it's economics department is good as well.

If you wish to pursue you career in the UK (i.e. city London) you would probably have some advantages studying there. This is based soley on that fact that you are able to network alot easier, more flexible for interviews etc which is somewhat important in this business.

Having said that, I know quite a few of people (as I'm from Lund) who did their economics degree in Lund and now work in IB in London ranging from both GS, Barclays UBS and Societe.

However if you wish to study in Sweden you should check out Stockholms Business School which ranks above Warwick in the FT rankings (in Swedish: Handelshögskolan) which is a very good B.S. My friend will graduate this june and he alredy secured a place at JPM in London after the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Yes study at ass university.

ReputationRep:
    No idea how that is contributing to anything related to this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suede)
    No idea how that is contributing to anything related to this thread
    Lund=Ass

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.