The Student Room Group

How to convince yourself to revise?

OK so basically i need to find a way to convince myself to revise. What puts me of is everything i learn will be forgotten in the next 2 weeks.

First of all i was just wondering is that normal? I mean does everyone forget?

Second of all how do you guys convince yourself to revise? i cant seem to. The work load scares me and puts me of revision. I know it has to be done but still :frown:

HELP!

:smile:
Do a practice test. If you get a s*** mark, it should scare you into revision.
Reply 2
You will forgot if you don't go back over work. Some people revise 20 minutes, take a break, look over what they did, do another section. You have to get motivated and WANT to learn the stuff, the key to remembering is looking over EVERYTHING again before you start revising. Even if it's just skimming over.

We forget around 80% if we do not look over.

We forget around 20% if we do look over.

Once you start (FORCE YOURSELF) and you get in the swing of things it's much easier. Perhaps make a timetable of subjects you need to go over and tick it off when you've done it.

Take motivation from the fact if you're in AS you can still go ANYWHERE you want if you try hard enough!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by music102
OK so basically i need to find a way to convince myself to revise. What puts me of is everything i learn will be forgotten in the next 2 weeks.

First of all i was just wondering is that normal? I mean does everyone forget?

Second of all how do you guys convince yourself to revise? i cant seem to. The work load scares me and puts me of revision. I know it has to be done but still :frown:

HELP!

:smile:

i went from very low grades to high grades, by yes, reducing the time I revise

the key is to find out how YOUR brain works, and takes in information, in EACH subject and I found each A level take a different WAY to revise.

my main impetus for revising was working full time in the summer holidays
full time work, I WILL NEVER DO, its ffing hard, i will do PHDships till i die :P

you have to also know why you are doing your subjects, what you want from life, its hard but unless you have a reason WHY would you even subconsciously want to revise??

Quick Reply

Latest