Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: Guys and Glasses watch

ReputationRep:
    Are guys more or less attractive with glasses or is your feeling neutral towards them?

ReputationRep:
    Surely it depends on how the guy looks overall? :dontknow: Glasses don't make a huge difference, some people just suit them more than others.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the guy:

Yay

Nay

ReputationRep:
    Normally neutral, but I hate guys (or anyone actually) who wear geek glasses even though they don't actually need glasses at all

ReputationRep:
    With my sunglasses on, I'm Jack Nicholson. Without them, I'm fat and 60.
    -Jack Nicholson

ReputationRep:
    It depends on his look, guy with glasses may looks like a nerd while some 're soooooooooo cute !!! =)

ReputationRep:
    Depends. This guy I know wears glasses and he's really attractive without them but with them on he just looks...weird. On the other hand, there's plenty of guys who wear glasses and they just make them more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma363)
    Normally neutral, but I hate guys (or anyone actually) who wear geek glasses even though they don't actually need glasses at all
    This.

ReputationRep:
    i think guys with glasses are ok but some can look really geeky !

ReputationRep:
    Guys with glasses are HOT.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Girls don't make passes at guys wearing glasses

Despite the evidence in my sample of 1, this isn't necessarily true, just something I heard someone say (which RHYMED )

ReputationRep:
    So basically there are too many variables.
    The general consensus though ...
    Doesn't really make a difference?
    If the guy is ugly, he is still ugly with glasses.
    If the guy is good looking, (with good glasses) he is still good looking.
    So they won't make a guy look uglier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    So basically there are too many variables.
    The general consensus though ...
    Doesn't really make a difference?
    If the guy is ugly, he is still ugly with glasses.
    If the guy is good looking, (with good glasses) he is still good looking.
    So they won't make a guy look uglier?
    Why don't you post a pic with and without glasses?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    Girls don't make passes at guys wearing glasses

Despite the evidence in my sample of 1, this isn't necessarily true, just something I heard someone say (which RHYMED )

It's true they don't usually. If a girl is looking to reproduce in the future with a male they are going to be looking for the one with the least physical and mental disabilities. If a guy is wearing glasses that is a disability to the females reproductive "brain". She doesn't want to pass that onto her offspring. So most go with guys without glasses.

I myself used to wear glasses and still do around the house or when I get up. I never used to get girls coming upto me and chatting, even though I am good looking and always get compliments. Now however wearing contacts the girls can't tell I can't see and they are always coming and chatting!

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Azzer)
    It's true they don't usually. If a girl is looking to reproduce in the future with a male they are going to be looking for the one with the least physical and mental disabilities. If a guy is wearing glasses that is a disability to the females reproductive "brain". She doesn't want to pass that onto her offspring. So most go with guys without glasses.

I myself used to wear glasses and still do around the house or when I get up. I never used to get girls coming upto me and chatting, even though I am good looking and always get compliments. Now however wearing contacts the girls can't tell I can't see and they are always coming and chatting!

Interesting, I wonder if there have been any studies into this sort of effect specifically with respect to glasses. I wouldn't be surprised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    Are guys more or less attractive with glasses or is your feeling neutral towards them?
    some guys with glasses look soo hot but some guys look better without them...it just depends on the person

ReputationRep:
    I Actually find guys with glasses very attractive as of lately. But of course it's a hit and miss thing. Just like a guy not wearing glasses; you can find him attractive or not.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Some guys pull off glasses better than others. In general I find glasses on a guy rather attractive .

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the glasses and the guy, my boyfriend has to wear glasses and there's something about them which makes him even more attractive

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.