Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the guy. My bf didn't wear glasses for years even though he should of. Finally convinced him to go get some and WOW he looked hot in his geek glasses haha He only wears them in the house though and wears contact lenses otherwise but I still think he looks hot in them. But he is my geek (personality wise, not look wise) so to me his geek glasses suit him, but to other people they may look different on him, if that makes any sense at all lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzer)
    It's true they don't usually. If a girl is looking to reproduce in the future with a male they are going to be looking for the one with the least physical and mental disabilities. If a guy is wearing glasses that is a disability to the females reproductive "brain". She doesn't want to pass that onto her offspring. So most go with guys without glasses.

I myself used to wear glasses and still do around the house or when I get up. I never used to get girls coming upto me and chatting, even though I am good looking and always get compliments. Now however wearing contacts the girls can't tell I can't see and they are always coming and chatting!

It could also be argued that ...
    People associate intelligence with people who wear glasses, therefore the girl regards him as intelligent which would be a good thing to pass on to her offsrping?

ReputationRep:
    Only if hes smart or hot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    It could also be argued that ...
    People associate intelligence with people who wear glasses, therefore the girl regards him as intelligent which would be a good thing to pass on to her offsrping?
    That is actually a very good arguement. I would however argue back that due to the recent surge of people wearing glasses to appear intelligent, or just wearing them because its the "in thing", her reproductive brain may over look this until she has approached/been approached by said glasses wearing male.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the kind of glasses and the guy.

ReputationRep:
    It depends if the guy looks good in the glasses, ofcourse!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.