Turn on thread page Beta

Should SHISHA be banned? watch

• View Poll Results: Should Shisha be banned?
    Yes
    15.53%
    No
    60.68%
    Don't Care
    23.79%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Tried it once, I quite like it.

Do you have a source for this 200 cigarettes claim?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8214097.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12898079

ReputationRep:
    Realistically, nobody is going to be inhaling the smoke throughout the time the experiment took (lets say 80-90 minutes). One shisha pipe is generally shared among a group of 2-6 people, each taking around 3 pulls before passing it on. If anything, the coal used is probably the most harmful factor (charcoal is the best but the quick-lite coals tend to give off fumes which give me headaches). I'm not claiming to know all the facts but I own a shisha pipe and smoke it regularly.

ReputationRep:
    No, not until I've tried it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Personally from what i have understood is that when having shisha in the longterm its going to kill you far quicker then normal cigarretes.
    Plus apart from the different flavour of taste you get, its really not worth it.
    But then again i've never tried it and i'm glad
    It tastes really nice and it's really relaxing. However I don't think it's worth doing it because of the risks (I've onyly done it a couple of times lol) but of course it shouldn't be banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    It tastes really nice and it's really relaxing. However I don't think it's worth doing it because of the risks (I've onyly done it a couple of times lol) but of course it shouldn't be banned.
    Watermelon one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Maybe then it should be banned for under 18's or 21, because all i hear is , lets go shisha later guys ¬¬, and i never go.

ReputationRep:
    If people know what the risks are, and are happy to take a chance- fair play to them. Shouldn't ban it. I've never tried it myself but I do want to, as some of my friends say it's good. That being said, I don't exactly want to go around smoking loads and loads because I know it's dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Watermelon one
    Double apple. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that man, interesting to find out. Don't think it's gonna stop me though, i only do it rarely and don't smoke anyway

ReputationRep:
    Maybe then it should be banned for under 18's or 21, because all i hear is , lets go shisha later guys ¬¬, and i never go.
    Again I would say as long as people know the risks it's not really an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Thanks for that man, interesting to find out. Don't think it's gonna stop me though, i only do it rarely and don't smoke anyway
    At leats it not too much . And you go QM, can you give me some advice into the social life ? gonna firm it for economics

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise it was that harmful. I thought it was less harmful than a cigarette.

ReputationRep:
    At leats it not too much . And you go QM, can you give me some advice into the social life ? gonna firm it for economics
    It's awesome, but you've gotta make the effort to make friends. Fair amount of shisha about if that's your thing Haha. To be fair, it's 15 minutes away from central, and Mile End is really diverse too so it depends what sort of things you're into - but there's something for everyone there. PM me if you don't want your thread turning into a QM fest lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Should Iqbal007 be bannned? Give reasons now!
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    If shisha should be banned, why cant cigarretes be banned aswell?

ReputationRep:
    An hours worth of smoking shisha is the equivalent of 200 cigarretes
    :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    noooooo...it's just a nice way to relax with friends and isn't bad for you if you have it once in a while...but people who have it everyday need to give it a rest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    no it tastes nice
    Off topic but lol I love your sig!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    If shisha should be banned, why cant cigarretes be banned aswell?
    Because its got like 400% tax on it as cigarretes really cost about a £1, but the government doesn't wanna lose that much revenue from tax :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Again I would say as long as people know the risks it's not really an issue.
    Still think it should be banned for some people like children, because its legal for everyone

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.