Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should SHISHA be banned? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Should Shisha be banned?
    Yes
    15.53%
    No
    60.68%
    Don't Care
    23.79%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    just look it up, becase i got taught this at school during pshe day and some other drugs and stuff as Shisha was getting out of control in my school ...
    look up onn bbc news there was a article i posted it a while back
    No, I don't think so.

You can't expect people to take your word for things without a source.

And the fact that you 'got taught this at school during pshe day' doesn't change anything.

Tell me, what else were you 'taught' about 'drugs and stuff'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fumblenuts91)
    No, I don't think so.

You can't expect people to take your word for things without a source.

And the fact that you 'got taught this at school during pshe day' doesn't change anything.

Tell me, what else were you 'taught' about 'drugs and stuff'?
    www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12898079

http://www.ash.org.uk/media-room/pre...e-east-experts

ReputationRep:
    No offence Iqbal but those values are wrong ^__^. I remember posting a link here with a scientific paper showing its only 4-6x as bad as a normal cigarette.

ReputationRep:
    Salam Alaikum (I'm guessing you're Muslim from the "Iqbal" part of your name)

Yeah, I think shisha should be banned as well as cigarettes. Especially cigarettes. I walk down the street and so many people are smoking I end up inhaling some of it.
    I haven't tried it myself either cos it's haram because it's intoxicating as are cigarettes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    No offence Iqbal but those values are wrong ^__^. I remember posting a link here with a scientific paper showing its only 4-6x as bad as a normal cigarette.
    Actually, your values could be wrong, as all the research is independent so face different factors.... so best idea is to compile the data and see the average damage soo average is about 101-102 x as bad

Either way, the risk compared to cigarrates is massive.... also you are 6 x more likely to get throat cancer.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)

Your profile picture is just epic. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritPakistaniMuslimah)
    Salam Alaikum (I'm guessing you're Muslim from the "Iqbal" part of your name)

Yeah, I think shisha should be banned as well as cigarettes. Especially cigarettes. I walk down the street and so many people are smoking I end up inhaling some of it.
    I haven't tried it myself either cos it's haram because it's intoxicating as are cigarettes.
    Waliakum Asalam brother, yeah i complete agreee....
    most upsetting thing about it is, that the Arabs created this, so that its a acceptable to smoke tobacco, yet with all the proof its wrong they still do it ...... I do feel sick when i inhale the smoke and makes me sick... when i went to Bangladesh my stomach and lungs started burning

ReputationRep:
    Personally from what i have understood is that when having shisha in the longterm its going to kill you far quicker then normal cigarretes.
    Plus apart from the different flavour of taste you get, its really not worth it.
    But then again i've never tried it and i'm glad

If you've never tried it then STFU!

ReputationRep:
    why bring religion into this ?! psst

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayhamz)
    If you've never tried it then STFU!
    If your going to be rude then go some where else................ its like saying theres people stealing from peoples home, but that shouldnt be banned as i'v never tried it ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayhamz)
    why bring religion into this ?! psst
    I was talking to the guy about it and how the shisha came about in Arabia.....
    if you look at my OP you would know that the issue is the health complications come along with shisha and its impact on society

ReputationRep:
    is there alot of tobacco init?

ReputationRep:
    It should not be banned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by many.stars..)
    is there alot of tobacco init?
    Not too sure, but tar is produced as a byproduct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina_xxx)
    It should not be banned!
    Well thats your opinion, look up the health risks of shisha

ReputationRep:
    Well thats your opinion, look up the health risks of shisha
    it's not that dangerous

ReputationRep:
    No we should replace the Shisha coal with jelly beans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina_xxx)
    it's not that dangerous

The other guy says 4x-6x................... its still very bad either way you say it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boxxy)
    No we should replace the Shisha coal with jelly beans.
    :confused:

ReputationRep:

The other guy says 4x-6x................... its still very bad either way you say it
    It depends on how often you do it i spose

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.