Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I think i might be suffering from depression :( watch

Announcements

Ok well i dont know whats happening tome but i feel really demoralized. I DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING ANYTHING. I dont see the point in life. I keep on thinking whats the point were all going to die one day anyway. Ive lost all interest in education. I used to be really keen in wanting to be a doctor and make something of myself. Always had this motivation to do something different but at the moment i dont care whether i live or die. Every day seems like a drag. I mean i dont feel like myself. Its a scary feeling i feel soo dead. The bad thing is i have my exams coming up and i need to sort my self out or i am going to do really badly. I have these moments where i get **** scared. I also have these moments where i am over confident. Some times i have these moments where i feel so alone.

All this started about 6 weeks ago. I had several terrible panick attacks and i havnt been myself ever since. I NEED TO DO WELL THIS SUMMER. I dont seem to care about anything or anyone. I have become soo emotionless. I question everything. Also days dont feel the same. I mean its hard to explain. Every day feels the exact same. I used to be the noisy annoying person and now everyone's saying i am soo quiet.

Have any of you been in the same situation as me? If yes how did you get out of it?

Help

ReputationRep:
    i have not been but i think you should really go to a councillor or talk to a mate about this. it can get better!

ReputationRep:
    Go see your doctor.

You may be depressed, but on the plus side it happens to allot of students, especially in more difficult/demanding courses, and it does get better.

But yeah, go to your doc. At least for a start talk to someone you trust, even venting helps.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely know how you feel as i was in the same situation last year. I have to say it was the worst tim in my life but at the same time only now ive realised it was a great blessing, because if i didnt go trough it i would never be where i am today: so strong an full of faith. I feel so soo sooo sorry for those going through depression and i wish there was somehting i could do to help. I write alot so for me writing was an amazing relief to do during this awful time, i had counselling aswell. However im not sure if u believe in God but praying to God really let me feel at peace and it definitely takes time to heal. I think it was my family who were very supportive, and faith in God that got me through it. I was also on antidepressants although they helped me to cry less and not cry myself to sleep i cant say they absolutely helped me rather it was just having faith that one day i would be content
    the best thing i would say is talk to someone who u know will never judge you and if you want to email me then u can. i really dont mind
    i really hope you get better and i have faith that you will because in life everything appens for a reason
    May God grant you all the happiness in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, I feel exactly the same as you are doing.
    For the past year I have been pretty down and cried uncontrollably and such like but in the past couple of months I have been having massive panic attacks which completely debilitate me for hours. They are the worst part.

I've been considering seeing my doctor about it because I can't afford to lose that sort of time anymore with exams coming up. I suggest you do the same xx

(Original post by amnah_70)
    I absolutely know how you feel as i was in the same situation last year. I have to say it was the worst tim in my life but at the same time only now ive realised it was a great blessing, because if i didnt go trough it i would never be where i am today: so strong an full of faith. I feel so soo sooo sorry for those going through depression and i wish there was somehting i could do to help. I write alot so for me writing was an amazing relief to do during this awful time, i had counselling aswell. However im not sure if u believe in God but praying to God really let me feel at peace and it definitely takes time to heal. I think it was my family who were very supportive, and faith in God that got me through it. I was also on antidepressants although they helped me to cry less and not cry myself to sleep i cant say they absolutely helped me rather it was just having faith that one day i would be content
    the best thing i would say is talk to someone who u know will never judge you and if you want to email me then u can. i really dont mind
    i really hope you get better and i have faith that you will because in life everything appens for a reason
    May God grant you all the happiness in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I dont know whats happening. I get sooooooo anxious at times. Its scary. These panic attacks have screwed me up big time. I just need something to allow me to relax

(Original post by jessicaaax)
    Oh god, I feel exactly the same as you are doing.
    For the past year I have been pretty down and cried uncontrollably and such like but in the past couple of months I have been having massive panic attacks which completely debilitate me for hours. They are the worst part.

I've been considering seeing my doctor about it because I can't afford to lose that sort of time anymore with exams coming up. I suggest you do the same xx
    I have. My doctor referred me to a counselor. She cant wave a magic wand and fix it though I havnt really spoken to her though properly. I guess i need to .

Im **** scared about exams. Even before i start revising i get soooo scared

ReputationRep:
    i think you just have to accept whats going on and find ways to work with it, ive never had panic attacks but ive been under a hell of alot of stress and being pushed to the edge of deppression without even telling anyone and now im nearly over it. i just accepted my problem and am trying to work my way forward now. if i keep worrying about the problem i know i wont move forward so the best thing to do is accept it and move on and find some fun stuf to do. also people do change so dw bout your loud to quiet thing happens to everyone some people dont notice it but yeh dw youl make it thro this.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the image below can be a cure for all your pain:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...UCAcwDF6VX&t=1

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly where you're coming from. I'd get in touch with your doctor, a school councillor, anyone available that you feel would listen to you and possibly advise you [provided you wanted that, of course].

It's important to know that you're not the only one going through this. This is a period in life that a lot of people go through and, whilst you may not see it, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe it's just too bright to see properly at the moment, but it's definitely there.

In the meantime, if you have to wait for an appointment, try to distract yourself. Watch as many feel-good films as you can bare, have a session on the Xbox, whatever you want to do to unwind. And I've found through personal experience that sometimes it helps to write down how you feel, when, etc. so that you have it to hand. If you're anything like me it'll save you spewing out a load of incoherent babble :P Best of luck, you can do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I dont know whats happening. I get sooooooo anxious at times. Its scary. These panic attacks have screwed me up big time. I just need something to allow me to relax
    i dont wanna give u false hope and say its gonna be a kwik fix but what i can say is which really helped me is write a list of all the stuff u think are causing these panic attacks even if u think its ridiculous write it for no one is gonna c it. Then once u c it on paper perhaps ull get some idea how u can help urself-- the best ways i think is talk to sum1 who u know will never judge u and will help u to come up with an action plan. have u tried couselling? if u dnt mind me asking wat year r u in??
    x

(Original post by amnah_70)
    i dont wanna give u false hope and say its gonna be a kwik fix but what i can say is which really helped me is write a list of all the stuff u think are causing these panic attacks even if u think its ridiculous write it for no one is gonna c it. Then once u c it on paper perhaps ull get some idea how u can help urself-- the best ways i think is talk to sum1 who u know will never judge u and will help u to come up with an action plan. have u tried couselling? if u dnt mind me asking wat year r u in??
    x
    I'm in year 12. I'm seeing a pyschologist at the moment. I am **** scared about my exams comming up

ReputationRep:
    hey are you feeling any better? hope u r!!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.