Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi , Does anyone have any Aeronautics UG 1st Year Past Papers? Also does anyone know where i can get older past papers from?

Thanks
    Sean473

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean473)
    Hi , Does anyone have any Aeronautics UG 1st Year Past Papers? Also does anyone know where i can get older past papers from?

Thanks
    Sean473
    Heyy sorry to jump your thread, but I noticed that you were a First Year Aero Student. I'm hoping to do Aero at Imperial next year (grades permitting) I was just wondering what you think of the course so far? Toughness, time to relax, how interesting it is etc etc

Don't worry if you can't as I know you are probably busy, but a lil insight would be much much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Bob?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomSouthwell)
    Heyy sorry to jump your thread, but I noticed that you were a First Year Aero Student. I'm hoping to do Aero at Imperial next year (grades permitting) I was just wondering what you think of the course so far? Toughness, time to relax, how interesting it is etc etc

Don't worry if you can't as I know you are probably busy, but a lil insight would be much much appreciated
    Hi!
    Wonderful to see your interest, the course really is very good. There is quite a heavy emphasis on theory, to be honest. The bulk of what we do is mathsy, but we also learn things about aircraft in general. Our course (first year specifically) really is structured such that it covers a wide area, and is very interesting, in my opinion.

Some of our lecturers are among the best in the world at what they do. Also, being a class of only 90 odd people, we are closely knit and help each other out.

As for the workload, it really depends on the person. Generally there is a lot of free time to relax, but as deadlines approach, especially design coursework or lab reports, things might get tight. Its very manageable if you pace yourself out and don't cram everything to the last minute.

I hope I have provided an insight (albeit brief) , all the best.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's an awesome course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eplison-naught)
    Hi!
    Wonderful to see your interest, the course really is very good. There is quite a heavy emphasis on theory, to be honest. The bulk of what we do is mathsy, but we also learn things about aircraft in general. Our course (first year specifically) really is structured such that it covers a wide area, and is very interesting, in my opinion.

Some of our lecturers are among the best in the world at what they do. Also, being a class of only 90 odd people, we are closely knit and help each other out.

As for the workload, it really depends on the person. Generally there is a lot of free time to relax, but as deadlines approach, especially design coursework or lab reports, things might get tight. Its very manageable if you pace yourself out and don't cram everything to the last minute.

I hope I have provided an insight (albeit brief) , all the best.
    Ahh thank you soo much for such a detailed response I am really looking forward to studying this next year, and this hopefully will motivate me to revise well for my exams this summer! I can't wait for London either ahh see you in South Kens next year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 17, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.