• Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by AlexD14)
    Lastly, I'm an ignorant racist, so I want to kick the darkies out don't I? But seriously, if you can't see the problem, you obviously don't read the Daily Mail.
    You're making our job of pointing out how much of a joke such a party would be, easy. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Prick.
    You mean, "Griffin likes prick"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinchenko)
    Question: Why do we NEED a large industrial base? It is not necessary, or even possible to rebuild a massive low-skilled base set of workers. Far more desirable to improve education, become a global design and technology and commerce hub (as we slowly are - London is now the world's biggest city in terms of financial transactions) and outsource the actual building of stuff to places that can do it much cheaper. It means that people in this country get a much better quality of life and richer, outsourcing means we provide money to other countries that's not aid but does help their development. India can build anything that we can far cheaper because of cheaper land and better resource availability and less restrictive planning regimes.

Therefore why not just try and profit out of that instead of trying to compete when we can't?? It'd take a generation or two for improved education and so on, but british industry oughtn't to be resuscitated, it's progress to move away from it! Having the vast majority of people work in the design, technology and services industries would be of massive benefit to us, as our incomes and quality of life would improve. In a globalised world, it is just irrelevant whether we produce our own goods and so on (though it is probably desirable for environmental reasons to produce most of our own food and more of our own energy). It just seems to be a massive falsehood that government ought to be investing a lot in propping up low-tech jobs in basic industries, I've yet to hear a convincing and comprehensive argument for it! I am, here, excluding the much more high tech and developed (and better paid) industries just to be clear - having companies like Boeing and EADS and BAe is only advantageous to us.
    Yeah, you're just plain wrong sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree with you, I am relatives who are engineers and they certainly agree that there is a lack of young people going into the fields of science and engineering. This is why a number of engineers have joined the party, due to our obligation to help them; these include senior members such as Richard Edmonds(BsC) and a candidate up in Burnley also has an a Bachelors in Engineering.

There would be no open advocation for the return of second- or third- generation African migrants.

We don't necessarily want all jobs to go to White British people, but we would want menial labour work to be more proportional of the overall populace; therefore more Brits cleaning the toilets. Also, in the school which I used to attend I do believe the people that cleaned the toilets where White British and also the people that empty my bins seem quite local. So, I doubt refuse collection and cleaning firms are totally dependent on foreign workers. The tale of British people being to lazy to do hard work is a lie and a myth, from my own personal experience.
    - So, if the BNP were in power, how could they help people do more maths and science degrees?

-But how about second generation migrants who have not worked an honest day in their life and claim thousands in benefits? Wuld they be persuaded to leave?

-It seems that most people, including white brits, are content with sitting down and drawing benefits every week to spend in their local pub without even trying to find jobs because they claim immigrants have taken them all, what would be the BNP's stance on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramz19)
    Out of interest, what would be your ideal scenario in terms of immigration and immigrants? Would you like to see all immigrants leave Britain?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how many of the BNP supporters on TSR work compared to members of the actual BNP who work... example BNP supporter 'Effing immigrants cuming ower 'ere stealin ower jobs like' ... intelligent person 'Oh what jobs did they steal from you?' BNP supporter 'Well a've never worked me like cos I get benefits but I make me wife work!!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    1) What do you mean "my medicine having a greater emphasis in tertiary education"? Do you propose building more medical schools? Where will the money come from?

And it costs over £250k to train a single doctor, where will the money come from?

2) In what way does immigration have a negative effect on the NHS? Walk into any hospital and most of the patients are white and a lot of the staff are brown.
    I meant to say "medicine having a greater emphasis in tertiary educations" I do apologize.

Have a read of this article:

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/tb-cases-...me-immigration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie93)
    Just wondering how many of the BNP supporters on TSR work compared to members of the actual BNP who work... example BNP supporter 'Effing immigrants cuming ower 'ere stealin ower jobs like' ... intelligent person 'Oh what jobs did they steal from you?' BNP supporter 'Well a've never worked me like cos I get benefits but I make me wife work!!'

I am a member and an activist. I have a job. So... you're pretty much wrong. Is it not wrong to stereotype?

ReputationRep:
    I meant to say "medicine having a greater emphasis in tertiary educations" I do apologize.

Have a read of this article:

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/tb-cases-...me-immigration
    Ok, but what do you mean?

a) build more medical schools and train more doctors
    b) add medical lectures to other courses
    c) something else?

Sure, TB cases have risen with some immigration, but as a % of what the NHS deals with, it's tiny. Elderly care, cardiac, respiratory, cancers and obesity related diseases are a much bigger burden on the NHS. Even if you removed TB cases, it'd have barely any effect on NHS spending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie93)
    All muslims are terrorists
    All blondes are stupid
    All black people like chicken

That is pretty much what you have just said there.

Only a fool what say them sort of things.

ReputationRep:
    What are the criteria?
    Can you be brown and still join?

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe how many negs OP got. He didn't even say anything offensive. In a democracy people have the right to an opinion. As it happens, I disagree hugely with the BNP and it's policies. People should respect the right to political pluralism though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sim188)
    You mean a Phoenix?
    No, he means the BNP-style phoenix. The phoney-phoenix, or the 'phonix' for short.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you're just plain wrong sorry.
    Wow. A cutting and insightful response to my lengthy argument, to be sure....

And you wonder why people say that the BNP don't have any reasoned arguments to back up their extremist views!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    Can't believe how many negs OP got. He didn't even say anything offensive. In a democracy people have the right to an opinion. As it happens, I disagree hugely with the BNP and it's policies. People should respect the right to political pluralism though.

Agree.

Hence by post a couple above this one.

I'm not a BNP supporter, but they are entitled to a fair say.

SOME of the things they want are actually things most people would agree with, they are just an easy target for the PC Brigade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    And in a democracy people have the right to neg......................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishy786)
    - So, if the BNP were in power, how could they help people do more maths and science degrees?

-But how about second generation migrants who have not worked an honest day in their life and claim thousands in benefits? Wuld they be persuaded to leave?

-It seems that most people, including white brits, are content with sitting down and drawing benefits every week to spend in their local pub without even trying to find jobs because they claim immigrants have taken them all, what would be the BNP's stance on this?
    Well, firstly our education policy would include the scrapping of tuition fee's along with the reduction of numbers of students taking mickey-mouse degree's with the help of the tax-payer. Also, by simply increasing standards within the education system at a secondary level, it would help our general level of numerical and scientific knowledge within the general population. Also, I do believe that the future of science is looking up, considering that in the local college I used to attend the largest department by far was the science department. Of course, it did include a vast range of subjects, from environmental studies to conventional biology and physics. But I do think that the perception that science is a "boring" subject also needs to be tackled and from my experience that was not the case, however it did vary from teacher to teacher.

In regards to your two questions on welfare I decided that the BNP website could explain the policy of workfare not welfare better then I ever could:

"Only the British National Party has the plan to reverse these decades of disastrous Labour and Tory social engineering programmes – through a sensible policy of workfare, not welfare.

The principle is simple: those who receive community support incur obligations as well. People who genuinely want to work must be provided with the opportunity to do so in return for training which will put them back into proper full-time employment.

In return for financial support and training for a new career, the benefit recipient must complete a certain number of hours of work per week. Properly implemented, this policy will undermine the benefit dependency culture and bring masses of unemployed back into the formal employment sector.

Ultimately there must be only one category of welfare recipient: those who genuinely deserve or have earned it. The scrounger entitlement mentality must be discarded. Those who can work but refuse to do so, must face the consequences of their actions on their own.

The success of the “workfare not welfare” policy has been proven: these programmes already exist in Australia, America and even in India. Britain has to get back to work: and workfare provides the only path through which this aim will be achieved."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnicare)
    What are the criteria?
    After a supreme court case brought by the EHRC, amazingly, yes! But they didn't want anyone non-caucasian to apply until european law forced them to, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnicare)
    What are the criteria?
    Yes, anyone of any colour can join. Even purple folk!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Ok, but what do you mean?

a) build more medical schools and train more doctors
    b) add medical lectures to other courses
    c) something else?

Sure, TB cases have risen with some immigration, but as a % of what the NHS deals with, it's tiny. Elderly care, cardiac, respiratory, cancers and obesity related diseases are a much bigger burden on the NHS. Even if you removed TB cases, it'd have barely any effect on NHS spending.
    Mhm... I assume that we'd simply train more doctors and nurses. Seeing that the majority of doctors and nurses are second and third generation immigrants they would not go, and due to there handsome salaries I doubt they would want to leave. Also hopefully, obesity and cardiac related issues will be helped by our increase in the importance of physical education in schools and the encouragement of students to take up a sport or active hobby - be it team or individual. This would of course would only have an effect over a long-length of time.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.