Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    I have absolutely no idea what the BNP's policies are on the economy so I couldn't debate that notion
    Nationalisation, expansion of the welfare state... usual leftist stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie93)
    Such as? if they are for example Teachers they get fired no one wants to have their children being taught by a bunch of racists, the simple fact is that if you came somewhere like here you'd notice that votes for the BNP and other far right wing parties are all those you would see on Jeremy Kyle.
    Yep instead of right wing teachers we get left wing teachers who are equally or more biased about history especially around topics such as the Nazis telling us they were terrible people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Nationalisation, expansion of the welfare state... usual leftist stuff.
    Depends who you define as a leftist. I'm more of a Blair Labour supporter....I agree with nationalising public transport but not bailing out the banks. I agree with giving welfare for those who need it but I don't like people becoming dependent on welfare

ReputationRep:
    Depends who you define as a leftist. I'm more of a Blair Labour supporter....I agree with nationalising public transport but not bailing out the banks. I agree with giving welfare for those who need it but I don't like people becoming dependent on welfare
    Answer me this one question: Cradle-to-the-Grave is a good principle, yes or no?

ReputationRep:
    Answer me this one question: Cradle-to-the-Grave is a good principle, yes or no?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    I suppose yeah lol! It's an abuse of thr right though. Using the right to neg to discredit the right to have an opinion. Rights shouldn't be used to the detriment of other rights.
    But rights of opinion shouldn't be used to incite racial hatred as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    Oh shame, I was starting to think "oh Ham and Cheese isn't that badly actually" and then you go and support a principle like that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh shame, I was starting to think "oh Ham and Cheese isn't that badly actually" and then you go and support a principle like that.
    Promising to care for all citizens from 'cradle to grave' is a bad idea?

ReputationRep:
    Promising to care for all citizens from 'cradle to grave' is a bad idea?
    Yes. Where is the personal responsibility? People should make most of these provisions for themselves and the state should only step in when they cannot. It shouldn't be an automatic entitlement.

ReputationRep:
    I want more immigrants, more ethnicities, more diversity in this country! MORE I TELL YOU! I WANT MORE! BWAHAHAHAHAA.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Where is the personal responsibility? People should make most of these provisions for themselves and the state should only step in when they cannot. It shouldn't be an automatic entitlement.
    Only someone incredibly selfish and victorian could think that.

ReputationRep:
    6 hours, 90 negs for the OP, simply for proposing the idea of a nationalist political party.

The democratic spirit is alive and well in TSR :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Why should people have to pay to get better from an illness? You would win little votes from being anti-NHS. Most of the population depend on the NHS and couldn't afford doctor's fees, dental fees, an operation fees.

ReputationRep:
    I mightn't agree with what you say, but you have a right to say it.
    Most people forget this.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by joe3469)
    Nope because the problem today is reliance. Why is it the responsibility of the state to pick you up at every fall? The state should support, but not nanny people and unfortunately individuals believe the latter and not the former and is especially those that can afford it.

ReputationRep:
    I want to join please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe3469)
    I am incredibly selfish and victorian because I want those that can to pay for themselves whilst the state only pays and supports the poor?

Yes, how dare I want to support the poor and not the wealthy... I am such a selfish prick.

Why should people have to pay to get better from an illness? You would win little votes from being anti-NHS. Most of the population depend on the NHS and couldn't afford doctor's fees, dental fees, an operation fees.
    Most countries with decent healthcare systems manage it. France, for example, is top of the world ranks for health and has a mainly privatised healthcare system. As does Italy, Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc

Are you really content with the French having better healthcare than us?

ReputationRep:
    I am incredibly selfish and victorian because I want those that can to pay for themselves whilst the state only pays and supports the poor?

Yes, how dare I want to support the poor and not the wealthy... I am such a selfish prick.

Most countries with decent healthcare systems manage it. France, for example, is top of the world ranks for health and has a mainly privatised healthcare system. As does Italy, Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc

You want the market and profit motive to apply to something like healthcare that would make it more expensive for everyone. How poor would you have to be to get help in your ideal system?

ReputationRep:
    This is a debacle! But I suppose that we must allow "free speech"... :teehee:

ReputationRep:

What evidence is there to say that France has better health services than the UK on the premise that their healthcare is privatised. We are ranked number 18 according to the World Health Organisation I believe; some countries with private health are ahead of us but some aren't.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.