Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe3469)
    You want the market and profit motive to apply to something like healthcare that would make it more expensive for everyone. How poor would you have to be to get help in your ideal system?
    France, Germany, Italy, Singapore, Hong Kong...

Seventeen countries are ranked higher than us for healthcare and all have partially privatised systems. The idea that provision for the poor is unique to Britain is nonsense and you would do well to recognise that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    What evidence is there to say that France has better health services than the UK on the premise that their healthcare is privatised. We are ranked number 18 according to the World Health Organisation I believe; some countries with private health are ahead of us but some aren't.
    It just seems convenient that the countries that rank higher than us have a lot of private provision - perhaps it is something we should look into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)

Seventeen countries are ranked higher than us for healthcare and all have partially privatised systems. The idea that provision for the poor is unique to Britain is nonsense and you would do well to recognise that.
    so... how many countries with partially privatised systems rank lower?

ReputationRep:

What about the USA? One of the highest per capita GDPs, most poor people there have no health insurance. It's shocking. Healthcare is a communal right not a commodity to sell. Nye Bevan is one of the best politicians the UK has ever produced and his NHS is great. The only problems in it come from neoliberal agedna privatisation etc
    And you didn't answer my question. I come from a house with income around 25k if I needed a very expensive operation in your system who would pay for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    Oh so because some countries mess it up, it obviously means it is bad? Let's not be silly. The fact is, those countries that are ahead of us have large private provisions - it is time we look at how they have created their systems and try and model a version in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe3469)
    What about the USA? One of the highest per capita GDPs, most poor people there have no health insurance. It's shocking. Healthcare is a communal right not a commodity to sell. Nye Bevan is one of the best politicians the UK has ever produced and his NHS is great. The only problems in it come from neoliberal agedna privatisation etc
    And you didn't answer my question. I come from a house with income around 25k if I needed a very expensive operation in your system who would pay for it?
    The US have a dreadful healthcare system and I despise it.

In relation to your question, it depends on the system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunkd)
    6 hours, 90 negs for the OP, simply for proposing the idea of a nationalist political party.

The democratic spirit is alive and well in TSR :facepalm:
    Churchill would be turning in his grave because of the likes of you... :sigh:

P.S. I suppose that we should have *accepted* the KKK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    When you take into account the funding therewith....

The NHS is the largest single employer in the world outside the Chinese Army (and possibly India's rail company)

ReputationRep:
    It just seems convenient that the countries that rank higher than us have a lot of private provision - perhaps it is something we should look into.
    We should look into ways in how we can improve and reform the NHS to make it better for all patients but a complete overhaul would be detrimental in my opinion, would cause widespread discontent and would not improve anything. Not one single party is saying we should privatise the NHS.

Anyway...slightly off-topic

ReputationRep:
    We should look into ways in how we can improve and reform the NHS to make it better for all patients but a complete overhaul would be detrimental in my opinion, would cause widespread discontent and would not improve anything. Not one single party is saying we should privatise the NHS.

Anyway...slightly off-topic
    Oh yes, political parties never act in a political way do they - if a politician/political party said they wanted to privatise the NHS, even if they had solid figures, they would get attacked instantly with under handed tactics.

It's just the shameful situation of politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    Churchill would be turning in his grave because of the likes of you... :sigh:

P.S. I suppose that we should have *accepted* the KKK?
    In reality I am in strong opposition to democracy.
    I just love the hypocracy of TSR; in general, so very liberal and positively 'progressive', quoting Voltaire to a second death, except when it comes to being tolerant of racism, imperialism, or in fact anything which they have not been indoctrinated to support.

'Democracy', 'Equality', 'Diversity', these are all words so charged with positive connotation, by the media and by politics, that their righteousness is taken as given by most these days... it's positively painful to behold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunkd)
    I just love the hypocracy of TSR; in general, so very liberal and positively 'progressive', quoting Voltaire to a second death, except when it comes to being tolerant of racism, imperialism, or in fact anything which they have not been indoctrinated to support.

'Democracy', 'Equality', 'Diversity', these are all words so charged with positive connotation, by the media and by politics, that their righteousness is taken as given by most these days... it's positively painful to behold.
    Forgetting all of the nonsense that you hae just said - why would I be tolerant of racism? I think racists are one of the most primitive beings of the Human Race - namely they see colour as being a deciding factor in people's lives and personalities.

The BNP say that they are "not racist" but they clearly are. The same way that Nick Clegg said he would oppose the rise in tuition fees, but he clearly did not.

Now, a question - would I choose the BNP or Labour, for example. That, Sir - that is a no-brainer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave Davidson)
    Because I support the right of my race to exist?
    No, because you're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunkd)

You say that like it's only people who hold a certain viewpoint who have been indoctrinated. The fact is that everybody, including you, has been indoctrinated - it's just that the indoctrination can run both ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carbondummy)
    No one is killing you or getting rid of ''your'' race. Just because you see a few ethnic minorities on the tube, doesn't mean they're plotting against you.

Or are they?
    thats why you are a 'Respected Member'..real cold turkey stuff looll

ReputationRep:
    Yayyy! political hatred! (Y)

ReputationRep:
    I believe in time we will become a prominent party in the house and become a real alternative
    In time, enough non-whites will be in power for the BNP to be removed.

ReputationRep:
    I will probably get a neg for this but I'm not against the creation of a TSR BNP Party for two reasons:

1) Its healthy for democracy. We may not like the BNP but in the last election they received over half a million votes so they have the right to be represented.

2) It will be fun. After all, this is a game and I will find it quite enjoyable to debate against BNP members on a number of issues.

However, I am worried that all debates with TSR BNP will be race-related which is quite tiresome. I'd like to be able to debate with them on their economic policies and health policies.
    Democracy for democracy's sake is the single biggest threat our form of government faces. It breeds politically correct bureaucrats who listen to the minority whilst neglecting the majority. It adds weight to idiots like the BNP and the EDL, and it gives a voice to those who should not be heard.

Sometimes gut instinct, morality and common sense actually work.

ReputationRep:
    I find it offensive that your so hostile to me yet Ive never even spoken to you.
    I find it offensive you're hostile to me (a Pakistani born immigrant) even though you've never met me.

I hate how the BNP have a great amount of policies but the FIRST ONE people always say 'omfg im brown so they wnt me 2 burn in fire YARRRRR' aka "racial policies".

What I think is people who would be willing to vote for the BNP on here aren't necessarily racist (because I'd like to think most people on a student website aren't stupid) but slightly prejudice WHICH EVERYONE IS and feel most comfortable when surrounded by British culture. I've spoken to a number of people who people would be branded as a "racist" but when actually speaking to them what they dislike about immigrants is how they act, the way they deal with things, certain mannerisms which obviously has **** all to do with their colour but more to do with the culture they personally feel most comfortable in.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.